Throttle questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguuyy

Reaction score
I got a new engine for my kart. It's a gx200 and I don't know what parts i need to change the throttle lever to spring action and to connect it to the throttle cable. Maybe there's a kit I can get? All info is appreciated and thanks for all the help so far everyone

mckutzy

Reaction score
So could you elaborate as to what "spring action" means? Perhaps a pic of the Carb area aswell.

gguuyy

Reaction score
The engine has a lever that controls the throttle. I need to connect the throttle cable to the lever and a spring to return the throttle to the idle position when I let off the pedal. That's what I meant by "spring action". I believe I have it figured out now so thanks for the help and my kart should be done in a few more days so ill put some before and after pics up soon as its done.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
The engine has a lever that controls the throttle. I need to connect the throttle cable to the lever and a spring to return the throttle to the idle position when I let off the pedal. That's what I meant by "spring action". I believe I have it figured out now so thanks for the help and my kart should be done in a few more days so ill put some before and after pics up soon as its done.

If you look at the link I posted, you will see at least five examples of what you want to do

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
I have step by step pictures in one of my old threads, I can link it for you after work.

OzFab

Reaction score
Have a look at this post; there are a few points where you can see how the cable attaches to the throttle control. Just remember to slightly release the nut on top of the throttle control

Status
Not open for further replies.