Throttle help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
I need help installing a throttle on a 285 mango dingo for a 10yr old boy that doesn't have use of his legs. I've figured out the restraints and brake but the throttle has me a bit confused. Any suggestions would be helpful.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
His hands and arm are fine. From the hips down doesn't work what so ever.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I think I'll try the brake lever as suggested. I've got one off an old Indian motorcycle that might work ok. thank you

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
I think it's going to work alright. The outer jacket is pretty rotten. Do you think I can cover it with nylon air brake tubing, it fits pretty tight around the cable. Most of it is rusted but it moves that's a plus I'd guess. Going to soak it tonight to see what it does tomorrow.

mckutzy

Reaction score
You can get a universal length brake cable from Walmart. I usually buy a few for throttle cables...
I Take off the sheith and apply a bit of grease to the wire. This helps prevent the ingress of moisture and also lubricates...

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the throttle works great and to say thank you for the help. The test will be this weekend with him to fit the seat and restraints properly. Hoping for a few smiles. Would like to post some pics if anyone is interested Sunday. Again thanks

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
Throttle works and the young man is able to operate it easily. Took pics but I broke my phone (again). Had a few problems getting it just right for him. We had to put a 5 point harness to keep him from sliding out but he just laughed about that. As of now I've got it set about half throttle until he gets comfortable with it. Thank guys he said tell y'all thanks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.