Three-Wheelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjwant

Reaction score
Where can I find and post information on DIY trikes?

Initially I wanted to build a go-kart however I've just bought the back end of a motorbike: engine, brakes, clutch, wheels the lot and that's changed my plans. I'm now thinking of building a REVERSE TRIKE, similar to a go-kart but one rear wheel, two front wheels.

Does anyone know where I can find information on this type of project as there's no real areas on this.

Thanks, Dan.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score

Attachments

• 135822.jpg
    135822.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
  • adrenaline.jpg
    adrenaline.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

danjwant

Reaction score
Thanks alot, I couldn't have asked for a better response. If you've got any other information, pics of you own project or general advise, I'd be happy to listen. Thanks once again.

I origionally posted a thread in this section to ask where to look for this type of project, not the actuall project though. If you want to start a new thread on your project or message me, I'd definately have a look.

Thanks,

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
im thinking about a 3 wheeler. i really cant decide. but im getting an 8 horse power soon and im already brainstorming.

fowler

Reaction score
what type of trike.
one like the spider karts or more of a superbike crashed ito to tne back of a small car.
also to be fair we have a 2 wheeled section and a 4 wheeled sectoin but no 3 wheeled section (maybe we need one)

oh yeah, and if u want to see how bad haveing one wheel at the front is then look up reliant robin

Bill CNC

Reaction score
actualy im doing almost the same thing. im useing these plans http://www.spidercarts.com/scorpion.htm

r-97,

If your going to throw out spidercarts.com, ... you might want to also throw out a disclaimer about Roberts possible design issues.

While I don't know much about the Scorpion or it's possible design issues you have had or have been dealing to deal with, but if it's anything like the Arachnid, ... You just might get some ticked off people looking for you, ... if you know what I mean. :toetap05:

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
r-97,

If your going to throw out spidercarts.com, ... you might want to also throw out a disclaimer about Roberts possible design issues.

While I don't know much about the Scorpion or it's possible design issues you have had or have been dealing to deal with, but if it's anything like the Arachnid, ... You just might get some ticked off people looking for you, ... if you know what I mean. :toetap05:

did you check the date of when i posted that? lol. i am having problems with the scorpion (which i have informed robert about) but they aren't problems like you have had with the arachnid, most of the problems are just having to buy extra spacers and stuff like that, the only major problems are, no steering geometry(which i admit may become a big problem), and i looked at this kart as there "fast" kart but with a 6.5 tech 5.4 to 1 gear ratio, it prob wasn't going to be that great, thats why i completely changed the rear end dimensions to fit in my tc and a ice 40t sprocket, lol. p.s. fowler, i hope that thing comes standard with a roll-cage, lol

fowler

Reaction score
the reliant robin was made totally of plastic.
top gear did a special on it.
couldnt u design a trike your self i mean they are not that complicated

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
@fowler 2 posts ago :wink2:

1 wheel in the front. that way steering is easier, but i havent welded in my life yet. im taking welding classes in a week with my dad. then i will truely be able to make anything (MUHAHAHA)
im probably going to cut the bearing housing tube thingy off my old trek bike. snowblower rear wheels (not sure)

but totally agree we need a 3 wheel forum lol.
i freakin cant wait to get my briggs tuesday.

danjwant

Reaction score
Check out my profile page, I've got an album listed my reverse trike. Have a look at some of the pictures. I build my three wheeler a few months back and it's a great project.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
well i got my engine yesterday, and today i was able to start it. it has so much torque i dont know if it will be driveable!

redsox985

Reaction score
Blonde moment. I'll take the Briggs and send you my HF 6.5, it will have less torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.