The Mighty Midget

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskykicker

huskykicker
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I am new to this forum, but have been fiddling around with useless junk for quite awhile. This is my most recent project that I just finished....a replica (sort of) of a 1930's midget race car. I am currently constructing a drag racing lawn tractor. Anxious to communicate with fellow enthusiasts.
 

Attachments

  • DSC09104.JPG
    DSC09104.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC09105.jpg
    DSC09105.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC09106.jpg
    DSC09106.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 4

huskykicker

huskykicker
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Wayne, Indiana
You belong to cyclekarts too I see. I followed you're build over there. :welcome2:

Denny

That's right. I was originally going to build a cyclekart, but chose instead to go with what they refer to as a Custom kart because it has disc wheels instead of wires. That's the only real difference....other than that it's all cyclekart.
 

huskykicker

huskykicker
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Wayne, Indiana
That is a nice looking little ride. Tell us more about it.

The frame is 1x3 rectangular tubing, the front axle is 1-1/2 inch tubing with Amish buggy seat springs. The rear axle is 1 inch go kart with disc brake (hand operated as in the old days). The body is mostly plywood with an aluminum hood and fiberglass rear tail piece. Power is from a 212cc Predator from Harbor Freight with a TAV2 torque converter clutch. Steering wheel is removable for easy entry/exit. Geared 5 to 1 it goes about 40 mph. Wheelbase is 63 inches.
 

Attachments

  • DSC08381.jpg
    DSC08381.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC08382.jpg
    DSC08382.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC08384.jpg
    DSC08384.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top