• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

The Coolest Lawn Tractor Ever Produced. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I was Googling my brains out for further examples of tandem lawn tractors and tow-rig tractors and stumbled upon the following: The "Roof Palomino". They were apparently made in the late '60's and early '70's, and pretty danged rare. They had a Kohler k482 engine and did indeed feature a full lawn-cutting deck. Check this out. I would actually sell off valuable man-parts for one! Well, ONE man part, anyway. I'd like to keep 2 outta 3. Maybe.

Attachments

• palomino1.jpg
    palomino1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 24
  • palomino2.jpg
    palomino2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 24
  • palomino3.jpg
    palomino3.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 23
  • palomino4.jpg
    palomino4.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 23

machinist@large

Reaction score
I was Googling my brains out for further examples of tandem lawn tractors and tow-rig tractors and stumbled upon the following: The "Roof Palomino". They were apparently made in the late '60's and early '70's, and pretty danged rare. They had a Kohler k482 engine and did indeed feature a full lawn-cutting deck. Check this out. I would actually sell off valuable man-parts for one! Well, ONE man part, anyway. I'd like to keep 2 outta 3. Maybe.

That is different; I believe Struck Mfg offered something like it about the same time as a kit (I may be wrong about it actually hitting the market, but I do know it at least made it to the prototype stage). Any idea just what/ how the drivetrain is laid out? Photo's seem to suggest fore & aft layout, like a Cub Cadet from that era........:popcorn::popcorn:

zbuck

Reaction score
:wai: Just google/bing Roof Palomino, all kinds of info. I do know that they were manufactured in Pontaic, IL, but no longer in business.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
:wai: Just google/bing Roof Palomino, all kinds of info. I do know that they were manufactured in Pontaic, IL, but no longer in business.

I originally came upon it doing a Google image search for something else, then once I got the name I searched on it directly. I didn't stick around long enough to get a lot of info though.

Status
Not open for further replies.