The big B

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisu74vw

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Clarita
Hey everyone just getting into this hobby and I'm trying my luck at building a kart on the cheap with stuff laying around my shop. I have all the tools needed and then some but my experience with go karts is 0. Please feel free to throw in ideas, comments, suggestions whatever. Here is what I have so far not much and yes I know the tubing is HUGE but it was free so I save $30 and gas I'm not looking to go fast just cruise around with my son.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 15

chrisu74vw

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Clarita
I have a very rough sketch of the ideas and design that I'm planning to do for this ill post it up later today when I get some more free time
 

chrisu74vw

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Clarita
At the moment I've lost my paper with my ideas and rough sketch, I planed on doing a fixed axle but I'm wondering were I can get a couple of sets of cheap rims and tires that allow me to mount a sprocket and band brake to them or maybe a kit?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
72
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Looking at the pic provided, you've already made a few "mistakes":
- the tube is more rigid when the larger side is the "height" (ie: stand the tube on the smaller side)
- when cutting angles, you need to cut half of the angle from each piece, ie: when cutting a 45° angle, cut each piece at 23.5° so both pieces match up...
 

chrisu74vw

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Clarita
Thank you for your input guys, I have defiantly looked through that stick of all the great website and after looking again I have got a better understanding of something's but what would be a normal price for a small tire and rim does $30 a tire sound about right ? Also fabroman can you dumb it down for me sorry but you lost me

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Fabroman I get you what your saying about the 45 cut, but are you say the front beam that mounts the spindles should be turned on its side ? Thank you for your advice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top