Tecumseh troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Reaction score
My friend just got a carter cart with a Tecumseh engine.
Model OHH60 71118C
family WTPXS 1951AB
Displacement 195

8307 W

(not sure what info is important so i put it all in)
When he cranked it it idled fine for a little bit then blew oil out the carb and air intake. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?
(If you need more info just ask)

redsox985

Reaction score
Head gaskets are bad and it's overfilled maybe? Wait for someone more experienced to chime in.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
wait does it still have the problem?

too much oil will mean alot more pressure in the crank case and the oil will be forced through the piston rings or valve guides, that would explain oil coming out of the carb. it will also wreck your head gasket.

i dont think that you can tune one of these engines. yeah, thank EPA for that. but check anyways. i havent seen an adjustable carb on a tecumseh made in the past like 20 years.

sexyvicta

Reaction score
pops ya crank seal/comes out the filler tube seal or cap if ya have too much oil. In my experience haha

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
hmm..... i got a lawnmower with too much oil in it and it just smoked like crazy...... it was only filled like 2 times as much as normal though.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
that also could be why its coming out if the "carb" area, if your breather tube is connected to the airbox...

redsox985

Reaction score
AAH YES! The breather comes out behind the choke lever in that little housing there.

karl

Reaction score
sure I guess. It wont hurt it will it?
There is a search bar on the forum for little questions like this. Many people ask them and they are in the forum. Type in keywords relating to the info you need and hit search. Then read the threads that will help you.

Nick

Reaction score
There is a search bar on the forum for little questions like this. Many people ask them and they are in the forum. Type in keywords relating to the info you need and hit search. Then read the threads that will help you.

I know there is a search bar and I have used it many times trying to find out how to remove the governor.

Some one PLEASE tell me how to speed up this cart or at least post a link to something helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.