Tecumseh crankshaft size question

ethano8225

Reaction score
Hello yall, basically i bought a few clutches for an engine i had just to find out they dont fit. But a friend offered me a tecumseh engine with the model/spec LH195SP - 67517D , and so i figured if you guys knew where i could find a manual or diagram of thr rngine that would be great
Have a nice rest of your weekend

Karttekk

Reaction score
Hello yall, basically i bought a few clutches for an engine i had just to find out they dont fit. But a friend offered me a tecumseh engine with the model/spec LH195SP - 67517D , and so i figured if you guys knew where i could find a manual or diagram of thr rngine that would be great
Have a nice rest of your weekend
See if this helps.

ethano8225

Reaction score
Yea i figured i probably shouldve said this first, but i found the part # of the crankshaft (tecumseh 37842) but i still cant find a reliable place that says the diameter. I found this manual with drawings of crankshafts and supposedly according to this website, it says that the crankshaft size is 7/8 but “cant provide drawings for it”, so for some reason i think thats bs. Any help is good help though so please let me know if yall know where that might be :)

Karttekk

Reaction score
Yea i figured i probably shouldve said this first, but i found the part # of the crankshaft (tecumseh 37842) but i still cant find a reliable place that says the diameter. I found this manual with drawings of crankshafts and supposedly according to this website, it says that the crankshaft size is 7/8 but “cant provide drawings for it”, so for some reason i think thats bs. Any help is good help though so please let me know if yall know where that might be :)

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
....i still cant find a reliable place that says the diameter. I found this manual with drawings of crankshafts and supposedly according to this website, it says that the crankshaft size is 7/8 but “cant provide drawings for it”, so for some reason i think thats bs......

Why haven't you measured the crankshaft PTO on the engine your friend is offering? That would provide a concrete answer beyond all doubt and we could stop with all this.... BS. :LOL:

🐂:poop:

JimD

Reaction score
I thought I had a very complete Tecumseh engine manual that I had for 20 years but the numbers mean nothing that you provided. Measure the crankshaft with a micrometer and verify it is 7/8" (.875). Then measure the overall length from the slight step in the crank to the end and give me that measurement and lastly find out the thread size at the drilled and tapped hole. Try a 3/8-24 for starters and make sure it is a right had thread. The LH in your number has me a little nervous about the thread that it may be Left Hand. The clutch would be cheaper than an engine sitting around.

ethano8225

Reaction score
This is for a hs project so it isnt meant to be super expensive, and I've already spent quite a bit. I talked to people at my school and they basically said don't worry about it. it isnt a bad recommendation though, i'm just in a rush against time (go kart due in like 3 days)
Why haven't you measured the crankshaft PTO on the engine your friend is offering? That would provide a concrete answer beyond all doubt and we could stop with all this.... BS. :LOL:🐂:poop:
I would have but my dad randomly sourced the engine from someone out of state, and i was in a rush to see if it would work before he picked it up. I wasn't really able to just force this random guy to check, although i wish i coulda
Any one who offers a Teckasheema engine is no friend.
I agree but i think that's because the manuals are very poorly written. Like i have to cross reference 3 different manuals from 3 different years to get something i can actually work with
I thought I had a very complete Tecumseh engine manual that I had for 20 years but the numbers mean nothing that you provided. Measure the crankshaft with a micrometer and verify it is 7/8" (.875). Then measure the overall length from the slight step in the crank to the end and give me that measurement and lastly find out the thread size at the drilled and tapped hole. Try a 3/8-24 for starters and make sure it is a right had thread. The LH in your number has me a little nervous about the thread that it may be Left Hand. The clutch would be cheaper than an engine sitting around.
I think its because there is a weird split in how they classified stuff around 2004. This manual seems to classify it correctly, although the specs arent listed.. I found this manual of the engine but it isnt listed there either, i could list 100 different links i went to but it just seems like its not online. But, as a real update, once i got the engine it was 1in.... but there was a ton of junk rusted onto it so I cant really just use a clutch anymore. I'd need to use the built in pulley system, which would complicate my build even more and add even more danger to it. Basically, unfortunately this is a dead end because I need to present this 'go kart' so soon.
Thanks for all the help again though, i appreciate it.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to come here and ask questions first, before making any bad or unwise purchases.
Sorry all your plans are falling short so far, that is rough.

The thing with Tecumseh engines is they don't seem to be very idiot proof. Lots of noobs with no engine experience whatsoever give up trying to make a used "hasn't run in 15 years" engine they bought off craigslist work with their limited means. Maybe it IS the manuals?