Tear it up Jet

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
OK after a long winter, blizzard on April 28th finally got shop open and just launching the boats we had in storage this week and finishing up my mudding and taping on the drywall in basement before I restart this project.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Looks like this will be pushed back a few weeks have a 580B case excavator that needs a shuttle shift fix, but its on my list of things to fix. Reminds me I need more welding wire.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Barrie Automotive Flea Market this Thursday OMFG PARTS GALOR 40 acres of everyone selling their old parts for anything and everything. And I have a couple G in my pocket, YES Pictures are coming with everything I buy, maybe even a new project on the way as I have my flat deck quad hauler finally fixed.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Barrie Automotive Flea Market this Thursday OMFG PARTS GALOR 40 acres of everyone selling their old parts for anything and everything. And I have a couple G in my pocket, YES Pictures are coming with everything I buy, maybe even a new project on the way as I have my flat deck quad hauler finally fixed.

Sounds good to me....

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Apparently its not too bad of a job remove small driveshaft then pan and then 4 to 5 bolts to pull out shuttle shift gear box make sure you flush all the lines as they clog up another issue with either no forward or reverse or you may have a clutch pack issue but thankfully you don't have to split the machine like a tractor.

Kansaskart

Reaction score
That thing is cool! So that twin cylinder must be a 2 stroke? Those are diaphramed carbs, in fact they look a lot like Mcculloch 101 carbs, if not exact. Maybe it's twin Mac, no idea what models they have. Awesome find, body looks like a 68 camaro in the rear and an 80s model in front from the side profile.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Yeah I missed the kohler part. I'm unaware kohler and Mac had similar carbs but my previous 101s were just like that. Pretty cool.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
OK folks could use a some help, 12 x 12 rim, 4 5/8 center hole with 6 inch measured across lug bolt holes, 6 lug and 8 inch offset, can't seem to find anything. prefer Canada location if anyone could find me a few sources my rims are in very bad shape.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Still waiting for some help with rims also need a NUMBERS man I have a 440 Rotax AVIATION motor it red lines at 7K the old one was 3600 kinda wondering if I will have shift issues with the higher RPM I'll have to look at clutch to get the numbers for that. Any other info please message me and I can add that to the post.

Thank you in advance.

gr8hairy1

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that rim doesn't exist lol. I've searched a couple of times and came up with nothing, though there are many people on here who do better at finding things than me.

I tried searching (along with other searches):
"12 wheel -3 -4 -5 -7 -9 -10 -11 -13 -14 -15 -16 -17 -18 -19 -20"

to try to limit other sizes from showing up while still allowing for 6 or 8 for the bolt hole pattern.
I got nothing

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
DOH check my Amphicat thread for engine details.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Thanks gr8hairy I might just have to reweld the rims with steel strips, can't find anything and shipping is more then they are worth.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

On a side note, didn't find much at Barrie swap meet. Got a light bar and some nice headlights but it was kinda dead this year. Hoping to fond some time to do some work soon but have a 4.3 Merc engine rebuild and about 4 acres I have to level to put up my outside boat storage building, just can't seem to find time.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
OK so I have a 377 Aviation Rotax and a Bazoo/Terra Jet transmission and I want the low end torque but top end speed with good mid range power, SOOOOOOOOO whos the clutch expert here? Hopefully someone can recommend a good primary and secondary setup. I'll measure the shafts tomorrow in case thats important information you need :p engine max rpm is 7500 engage is 2000 not sure about transmission its the same as a Bazoo first gen.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
HOOWOO Engine is mounted pictures to follow later tonight. Not much time to work on this but trying to get at least one day a week and maybe a few hours each night depending on how tired I am.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
half wired, carb installed mocking up tank bracket, brake system almost done and working on seat mount. I'll get pics soon just too tired to walk out there right now.

Felineman

Death by misfortune
Reaction score
Pictures at last, hope to do more work this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3376.jpg
    IMG_3376.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3377.jpg
    IMG_3377.jpg