TeamCheaps old kart entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamCheap

Reaction score
This is my beauty and I expect great things from her.

I doubt I'll use much off it but it is the base from which I'll start.

TeamCheap

Reaction score
The plan is use some of the parts, mainly the rear axle and make a custom frame with suspension is all.

probably just use the NIB 6.5 HF engine I have sitting here.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Kewl! Hey, silly question here- I don't care if you build 12 things simultaneously (in fact, I'd be jealous), but why aren't you entering the 6x6? It certainly qualifies!

TeamCheap

Reaction score
I wanted to try and build this kart is all, it wont be to complicated like the 6X6 although the front suspension will be different than most I just hope it works out.

Actually the rear suspension will be different than most as well...........OK the whole thing will be a bit different than most karts but it should end up being a fun single seat ride.

I cant hardly wait to get back on 8 hour work days at work plus the days are getting longer.

Ohh I would have entered sooner but I wanted to print the entry sign but I just upgraded our wireless router and I couldnt get it to find the printer.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Ohh I would have entered sooner but I wanted to print the entry sign but I just upgraded our wireless router and I couldnt get it to find the printer.
:roflol: Haha! I would have accepted ketchup (catsup) on a napkin, as long as I could half-arsed read it!

I'm very interested to see your suspension, too!

TeamCheap

Reaction score
I know I could have had the wife draw it up for me but the contest would have been long over by the time she got it done.:mad2:

Just to give you an idea of what I'm going for think goped trail quad.

The rear swing arm will wrap around the seat somewhat.

It will be the same basic design but the front suspension will be different with a leading arm from the side that will (hopefully) hold the spindle at the desired position through the suspension range.It will have a strut coming from the front of the frame but thats just to keep the suspension arm located.
Instead of the common arm(single A-arm) coming from the front, middle of the frame with the problems of the camber changes as it compress's.

It will not look like a normal gokart but I hope its easy enough to make and works well enough that others here will want to make one and I can help them with it if needed.

TeamCheap

Reaction score
The front suspension will be a bit different than fords, I hope it works.

I think I can bend up the whole outside loop of the main frame from one piece of 10' black pipe.:D

Well I'm going to try it when I get a chance and it wont be a simple rectangle it will need to narrow down at the front.(actually 8 bends to get the shape)

Status
Not open for further replies.