TC drive sprocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
well then, with that weight, wheelsize and final ratio..

16T TC sprocket might work.. (27.5 mph)..
it might fail in case youre differential is NOT 6:1 but say only 5.5:1

personally I'd dial in towards a 14T sprocket, just to have a safety margin for the diff uncertainty ;)
(~24mph.. but it will move with a 5.5 diff too ;))

since you have to have it machined to your specs, that's an expensive sprocket..
choose wisely!

'sid
 
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I guarantee it's a 6 to 1. Marked the wheel before I turned it also. I think I'm going to go with the b type sprocket, shave it to match the c type, and get a few washers. What do you think?
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
well see.. communication, I asked to tell us the number (not what you think is the ratio ;))

if you counted 6 full revolutions, since you've locked the other wheel, you have to multiply by two to know the ratio
so it's a 12:1 differential you have

see this for example (just I asked for ONE not ten rotations much easier to keep track that way ;))
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgjS5mHI0E

and with that 27.6:1 overall ratio your top speed shouldn't exceed 8.5 mph with a stock predator 212.
no way you reached 15 mph.... (or your engine ran 6400 rpm.. which I doubt)

Forgive me, but there is NO flying way we can give good advice with information as inconsistent as these...

well I can't at least.

'sid
 
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
...I will get my speed for you. From....my GPS phone. See what it calculates. And do a side by side compairison.

My stuff is,

23 tooth on the diff
9 tooth on my drive clutch
20" wheels
Comet 20 series TC
And of course....the 12 to 1 differential.

There must be something amiss....in going to order that 14 tooth sprocket.
 
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
So I am at a loss on what to do now. I bought a 14 tooth sprocket for the TC. I didn't think a 17 tooth would actually fit in the housing....so....any other ideas that don't cost an arm and a leg?
 
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Ok so I checked measurment, a 41B17 5/8 bore, sprocket has been ordered. I cancelled the 14 tooth after we saw the dilemma. I really think this will change things. Anyone agree?
 
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I guess sprockets are labeled in a code of some sort. 41 represents the chain size...the letter after represents the sprocket type. A B C or D....and the last number represents the number of teeth. Then the bore size or 5/8. So I ordered a 41B17 5/8 bore sprocket. And I'm hoping it will at the very least, come close to doubling the speed of 8 mph.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Since Landuse hasn't mentioned it, PLEASE STOP MAKING MULTIPLE CONSECUTIVE POSTS! There is an Edit button in the lower right corner of your posts, PLEASE USE IT!

If I was to merge all of your consecutive posts, this thread would be half the length it is...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top