Tapatalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newrider3

Reaction score
I was reading another thread about a user having trouble accessing the forums from a mobile device, and thought having the site linked to the Tapatalk app would be fairly useful. It's a free app for users, and basic access is free to the forum owner.

http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php

mike.

Reaction score
Tapatalk is an app for iOS and Android that lets you access various forums on your phone without having to use the browser, which is hard to do on a small screen. Very helpful if you need to get on a forum away from home or you just don't want to use a computer.

Who is the head operator/owner of this forum?

Last edited:

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Robert is the administrator. his username is Robertdjung

Toystory..whats up with the double post? did Mike not provide enough info or something?

As hilariously ironic as it is- my phone is to blame. I had an errant WiFi signal on my jobsite. I wrote the question and then lost the signal, before I got post confirmation. I went back to work awhile, and when I noticed the signal was back, I hit the post button again... LOL

newrider3

Reaction score
You can also use the app to take photos and post them immediately. Basically it just cleans up the format and makes the forums easier to use on a phone or tablet.

Scarface

Reaction score
You can also use the app to take photos and post them immediately. Basically it just cleans up the format and makes the forums easier to use on a phone or tablet.

This is only reason I use tapatalk and I love that feature, other than that I like getting on the actual websites from my phone, but I would still like to have tapatalk so I do have to go through the trouble of plugging my phone into a computer when I get pics of my new go kart today.:)

You should do a poll:
You would use tapatalk just for uploading pictures from your phone.
You would use tapatalk to talk on the forum also.
You would not use tapatalk at all.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed it just now, let me know if it works. However then I go to the app store and they want 3 bucks for the app? Let me know if this is worth it folks, or I'll just disable it. It apparently will prompt you whenever you visit the site on mobile to go download the app.

Trial run begins now!

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah after I installed it I realized it cost 3 bucks for the end user. If people think it's useful I'll keep it otherwise it's just spamming everyone that comes to the site via mobile. I don't check forums on mobile so let me know.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed it just now, let me know if it works. However then I go to the app store and they want 3 bucks for the app? Let me know if this is worth it folks, or I'll just disable it. It apparently will prompt you whenever you visit the site on mobile to go download the app.

Trial run begins now!

So it does! Lol. I'm cruising the forum on my lunchbreak, and just got a popup! I'll check it out.

Funny....I just went to the site on my mobile and no pop-up. Just the usual. I have a Nokia 500. It shouldn't be phone specific should it.

yeah after I installed it I realized it cost 3 bucks for the end user. If people think it's useful I'll keep it otherwise it's just spamming everyone that comes to the site via mobile. I don't check forums on mobile so let me know.

I am also worried about this. A lot of people might get annoyed if they don't want it. Can you just refuse the download and it goes away for ever, or does the pop-up keep coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.