Suspension for CT200U & swingarm

WillMatrix

Reaction score
Any ideas for suspension on this CT200U?
I know I would love some suspension forks, any ideas on where to get some besides Coleman? any idea or tips for building a swingarm and at minimum what will be needed?

Last edited:

karl

Reaction score
any idea or tips for building a swingarm and at minimum what will be needed?
Harbor freight pipe kinker, some water pipe, grinder, welder, bushings, a couple ebay/amazon shocks and correct tongue angle.

A far easier method for easing backpain and improving ride quality is in the tires!
I ditched the factory wanda 19x7-8 worn out tires for Maxxis 19x8-8's.
I got them used takeoff from a local ATV dealer, customer wanted more aggressive
tires, paid $40 for the pair.

The profile is curved , great for minibikes. And 8in wide tire on 7in rim puffs it up taller,
combined with the super squishy rubber compound and low tire pressure makes for a night
and day difference in comfort, has the affect of adding suspension without doing so.
Just a suggestion, I enjoy my bike way more after the swap! 20220613_211755.jpg

WillMatrix

Reaction score
Harbor freight pipe kinker, some water pipe, grinder, welder, bushings, a couple ebay/amazon shocks and correct tongue angle.

A far easier method for easing backpain and improving ride quality is in the tires!
I ditched the factory wanda 19x7-8 worn out tires for Maxxis 19x8-8's.
I got them used takeoff from a local ATV dealer, customer wanted more aggressive
tires, paid $40 for the pair.

The profile is curved , great for minibikes. And 8in wide tire on 7in rim puffs it up taller,
combined with the super squishy rubber compound and low tire pressure makes for a night
and day difference in comfort, has the affect of adding suspension without doing so.
Just a suggestion, I enjoy my bike way more after the swap! View attachment 133121
What is the squishy compound for? And I want to be able to drive off of small curbs.

WillMatrix

Reaction score
To have some cushion when driving off curbs :cheers2:

Soft tire = soft ride
Stiff tire = harsh ride

That's why off road vehicles without suspension are typically equipped with squishy balloon tires.
Ok. I watched red beards version and wanted to know if it will be difficult to recreate. What about the forks?

karl

Reaction score
Ok. I watched red beards version and wanted to know if it will be difficult to recreate. What about the forks?
Was just suggesting a possible simple and cost effective solution. Difficulty completely depends on your skills, tools, and experience.

If you cannot envision how you will execute a swingarm instillation , it's likely out of reach for your skills and experience.
Nothing wrong with that, we all start somewhere.

As far as the front forks, I would look at other Coleman models factory equipped with front forks/ shock absorbers,
might just be a bolt on swap.