Suped-up Power Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airious

Reaction score
So my Daughter came to me last year, (6 years old) complaining that her barbie power wheel was slower than her brothers (2 years old) So I did the only natural thing a dad can do: Made it go faster :)

Last year we added an additional 6 volts to the power supply. Now she has outgrown it so we have passed it onto my son :) Last weekend we painted it camo and bought another 12V battery.

We are going to be running 24V and I am going to use the 6V battery to crank it up to 30V for ten second bursts via a "NOS" toggle :)

Oh and we got two bigger titan 550 motors for this year... just need the pinion gear to fit them on :D

End of the day my 3 year olds Power Wheel does 20MPH :)

Airious

Reaction score
Yea, I thought about the gear box issue. I have a few spares laying around, but hopefully before i will need to use them I will be able to install a variable speed control on the pedal :p

And Yes. It IS useless without pics. Consider it a teaser until I am able to get back out there and take some for you guys haha.

Until then, enjoy this video of a stock barbie jeep:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byioDHkpiQQ

Airious

Reaction score
Aren't you on the Power Wheel forums too? I think I recognize the name lol :) I know i recognize the website lol

Airious

Reaction score
sorry for the super delayed response :) Just wanted to let yall know pics will be coming... we got it up to 24V and within two runs in high grass my son blew out the stock motor.

I was also wrong about the new motors, they arent the Titan 550's they were the 775's :D

My LHS unfortunately ordered me the hardened steel pinions, so i have to wait even longer to get the non hardened steel ones lol. Once I get them in I will post pictures of the build and a video of the monster in action :)

Doofles

Reaction score
This girl I used to work with, her step dad built up an escalade powerwheels for her daughter. It had a cd player new lights and everything. Ha, she was upset because she didn't know how to top that for christmas! It had underglow and was nicer than some of the vehicles I used to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.