Sunny South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
Hi All you here on the forum!

When i started with my project, i thought i knew everything..... But as the days om my build continue, i realize there is lots to learn.....

I am building a off road cart with donor parts from a Yamaha Breeze 125. Front suspension, wheels & hubs. Just bought a 9hp Honda engine.
Welded up the frame and mounted the front suspension

Now,.... the steering & seat......

Attachments

• DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0244.jpg
    DSC_0244.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 23

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum- looks like you have a neat build on the go. Start up a thread in the photo gallery and projects section, and keep us up to speed on your work!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum andrecht. It is good to see another South African on the forum!! There are not too many of us around.

I see you have just tack welded your frame together (at least I hope so). When will you be welding it all up. What type of clutch are you going to be using?

Let me know if you need any local kind of help

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
@landuse:
I intend to use the original Torque-converter/ clutch from the yahama breeze.
I'm splitting the engine/gearbox casing,using the original shafts & bearings.

Once I have completed the entire frame with all the gussets & brackets we will Co² the the frame before sending it off for powder coating.

This weekend i will work on the steering. I'm thinking of using a steering box or rack&pinion system, rather than a simple "cam system"

I i need advice, ill push your button...
Thanks

IKE323

Reaction score
@ike323
Bump steer?? elaborate....

It's a bit hard to explain but here are some links
http://www.longacreracing.com/articles/art.asp?ARTID=13
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339912

I'm building a go kart in Perth and a fellow South African also told me to watch out for bump steer, I am also in the problem in solving a bump steer issue with my go kart , you can try use a rack an dpiniom but to save money, I am looking at doing this steering method.
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5295
I will try it give you feedback once I have set up the steering

OzFab

Reaction score
That's not the point: The tie rods need to run parallel to (or close to) the A arms; if the angle is too far out, that's when & how you end up with bump steer...

andrecht

Jup, picture = me
Reaction score
I intend to use the same geometry as was used on the doner quad, just extending the tie-rods to suit my new frame.I will bolt the pivot bush into place, to be able to move ti at a later stage of unnecessary.

Receiving the motor this evening... so now i can start planning the rear swing arm!!!!!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I intend to use the same geometry as was used on the doner quad, just extending the tie-rods to suit my new frame.I will bolt the pivot bush into place, to be able to move ti at a later stage of unnecessary.

Receiving the motor this evening... so now i can start planning the rear swing arm!!!!!

As soon as you start doing any work, please start a new build log thead in the Projects area of the forum. We can then comment on and see your progress over there. You will get more help that way too

Status
Not open for further replies.