• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Summer Kart/Buggy project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matman55

I dont have a camera!!
Reaction score
nice! are you keepin the street tires or putin some REAL buggie tires on it?

JamieH

Reaction score
Thanks for putting that up man :thumbsup:
Im stickin with 13" wheels as i dont have the power
for bigger wheels unfortunately and most of my driving will
only be in fields with a bit of forestry sk no need for big wheels.
Thanks for the comment, comments/opinions welcome..

OzFab

Reaction score
Job well done. I have a question though; why is the front end so long? I noticed from the vid that it has an understeer problem; this could be eliminated if the front was shorter...

JamieH

Reaction score
Job well done. I have a question though; why is the front end so long? I noticed from the vid that it has an understeer problem; this could be eliminated if the front was shorter...

as we didnt have any experience of this sort of thing we based dimensions on other buggies on the net aswel as trying to use similar a wheelbase as the sunny however the steering and suspension out of the sunny couldn't be used i picked up a micra for the steering which has a much shorter wheel base hence the understeer, i am going to modify the steering lock to try solve the problem but if it doesnt worl i can always ''steer from the rear'' :wai:
thanks for the advice and comment though :thumbsup:

bighead

Reaction score
Is your pipe going to be okay under the chassis like that?

I really like your car. I also think it would look better shorter and taller tires. Regardless of what I think you did a great job man. Stand tall....

JamieH

Reaction score
Is your pipe going to be okay under the chassis like that?

I really like your car. I also think it would look better shorter and taller tires. Regardless of what I think you did a great job man. Stand tall....

I presume you mean exhaust and no its hitting the ground at times, im planning to make new twin exhausts which will come up vertically either side of the engine bay..

Thanks man i agree shoter would be better but im happy for our first build an personally i prefer smaller wheels. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Nodroz

Reaction score
My eyes almost felt out my head while watching this. This is incredible!
Very nice job you've done there. Must have been a tough build!

JamieH

Reaction score
My eyes almost felt out my head while watching this. This is incredible!
Very nice job you've done there. Must have been a tough build!

thanks man makes it all worthwhile getting the compliments :thumbsup:
it was/is 2.5 years in the making hoping to have it completely done in the next 2 months or so, naively at the start i underestimated the amount of work that goes into these things it goes into 100's if not thousands of hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.