(Suggestion) Okay.... pls don't kill me for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT: Lyfesaver...I thank you for the offer of the help, monetory and or otherwise. It is not everyone who would give of their resources to people and causes that they do not personally know. :thumbsup:

I second that!

lyfesaver

Reaction score
Right on, Robert. I agree that v4 & 5 are not as good as the higher 3.x's. I thought it would be easier to convince you to upgrade (and the fellow board members - not THAT kind of board member, lol) over changing software completely.

I like XenForo a lot, and have gone through the migration. While it is not as easy to configure and set up as vB, it is not that much difficult.

And Robert, when it comes time I will still be willing to pay for XenForo. Actually. I still might have a license left. Will look into it.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check it out. If you have a license that would be great. It's just a time issue at this point. DIYGK folks RULE!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
And Robert, when it comes time I will still be willing to pay for XenForo. Actually. I still might have a license left. Will look into it.

Thank you kindly. One thing I also love about this forum is the total lack of advertising. I hate those forums where you have so many banners etc you cannot read the posts. This forum is clean....just like a forum should be

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. One thing I also love about this forum is the total lack of advertising. I hate those forums where you have so many banners etc you cannot read the posts. This forum is clean....just like a forum should be

I agree!! The banners are a pain and distraction.

I really like the lay out. The colors are just right. One of my others has red letters, kills my eyes.

lyfesaver

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. No ads.

As for the license, yes I am allowed two more XF licenses, and yes we can use it here. Sorry for delay but had to get back to office to check with boss =)

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unsure how the licensing would work. If it's tied to your account, that seems like a non-starter. I would need log in credentials, etc.

lyfesaver

Reaction score
No, its a voucher for the license, I think. Will try and grab it from our media lady when at the office next. Hopefully Thursday as I head to Nashville for work on Friday.

lyfesaver

Reaction score
Robert, can you let me know that you got it? Should be in your info@ box. Sent you a PM on Fri. Just want to make sure that it came thru.

lyfesaver

Reaction score
Please, just some kind of acknowledgement that you got it would be great. I have no way of knowing that everything went through okay, so I need some kind head up, please.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha! Sorry I forgot to respond. This pre-xmas run around has me running around! I did get it, but haven't examined it.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Upgrading a different site I help with to Xenforo tonight / tomorrow. If that goes well, we may see some cool changes around here. I'll keep everyone posted.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Although im a regular user here on this board and a few others, I am unfamiliar as to this new mentioned forum format( well anyone of them really, couldnt tell the difference of heads or tails in the grand scheme of thing let alone a specifically named one) . Could someone or lyfesaver, potentially (heaven forbid the thought but none the less) link an opposing faction that runs this format as to the looks and feel of it.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be more or less the same. Baby steps. I don't know that DIYGK needs it terribly, but I'm starting to like that other software a lot. Nothing immediate. I'm busy enough!

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
update: Xenforo forum software is pretty rad. Been using it for a month on a different forum I help run. Probably will change out this software to it within a month or so. No hard timelime.. I hate to get rid of what we know and like, but it is really pretty slick and nice. More details to come as they develop, nothing's changing ASAP.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
update: Xenforo forum software is pretty rad. Been using it for a month on a different forum I help run. Probably will change out this software to it within a month or so. No hard timelime.. I hate to get rid of what we know and like, but it is really pretty slick and nice. More details to come as they develop, nothing's changing ASAP.

Thanks Robert

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I might move this up. I can't this week, maybe next week, but it will remove the need for Tapatalk, allow images from phones, look good on phones, and thanks the Lyfesaver, not even cost DIYGK a dime! (Well besides the pain in my butt!!! :D)

Thanks again Lyfesaver

lyfesaver

Reaction score
You are most welcome. I have been traveling for the past 2 months mostly, so I have been out of pocket. But again, if you need me to help with anything I am here.

Are you thinking of running it parallel w/VB for a short time?

Status
Not open for further replies.