Suggestion needed on a go kart build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spcamno

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I have a 110cc kids ATV which I am thinking of convert it into an off road go kart (buggy).

Since the ATV is pretty much complete anybody has convert the frame into a kids size buggy?

A buddy of mine is an autobody mechanic and I can have him fabricate / weld if requires.

Thanks
 

solomon

Active member
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
8
Location
ca
unless that engine is a 2 stroke, it is about equivalent to 2.5hp 4 stroke. Which is not suitable for a kart.
 

Spcamno

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Thank you all for the post!

That 110cc single cylinder air cool Honda clone can do a true 25mph with me riding on the ATV (I'm 180 pounds).

flyingZ,

You hit the nail right on the head because since we have an old one kicking around the I don't mind cut up the frame and fabricate something to make it work since it has independent front suspension and the rear is just a swing arm with mono shock (but I see the one they sell is also a swing arm type setup with dual shocks which I can make) and it might be easier to use existing materials than to start from scratch.

Besides, I don't want to spend money to buy a new buggy if I can use what I have and just invest a little more on materials.

Any suggestion or plan you don't mind sharing?

Thanks
 

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Messages
1,609
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
They're usually more like 7.5hp + for a 110cc bike/quad engine. A Honda CT110 postie bike engine has a cent. clutch, 4 speed manual and 7.5hp. It's 110cc.

Maybe you're thinking of industrial engines where 200cc is needed to get 6.5hp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top