Suggest me a carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
Okay, so as the title says I'm looking for a carburetor and I'm not exactly sure which one to get. To help you out here is what I want/have:

• Throttle cable needs to come out the side, not the top (need be I can figure out the linkages)
  • Must be sized for a 49cc 2 stroke that I (unfortunately) own
  • Fully adjustable main and idle jets
  • No chines stuff off of a pocket bike
  • Under $30 shipped
  • A built in choke and primer would be nice
  • I don't care as much about performance as I do something reliable and common
  • I can figure out a manifold, air filter, and fuel hose size so don't worry about that.

My guess as of now would be a carb off of a Tecumseh H30, but I have a feeling that might be too big.

Thanks!

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
Huh, those are definitely an option. They actually look very similar to my current carb, looks like I would have to shop around a bit to fin d the right one.

Anyone who has an H30 (or engine with the same carb) mind measuring it for me?

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
That carb looks perfect! but $100 would be one kick in the wallet! Mom has agreed to help pay for it, but I told her it would probably be about $30-40, not 100! I'll see what she says, but I would kinda feel bad about it.

bighead

Reaction score

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
Guess Google shopping didn't quite work as well as it usually does, LOL. One thing I did notice though is the hole on the intake side (I presume for the diaphragm). Does that hole need to go into the manifold, crankcase, or could I just block it off (I know that's pretty much a no right there.)?

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
AKA, hooking it up to the intake manifold is fine? I may need to cast a manifold, but I have a lot of aluminum casting in my future so I best get setup, and some practice!

mckutzy

Reaction score
if casting is your thing, make it out of foam insulation, the blue or pink boards, just cut and glue it together to make you intake. You dont need to remove the foam core before you pour, it will burn itself out as you pour.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
if casting is your thing, make it out of foam insulation, the blue or pink boards, just cut and glue it together to make you intake. You dont need to remove the foam core before you pour, it will burn itself out as you pour.

Yes, I do plan to use lost foam casting, although I will also be coating the foam mold in plaster to prevent cave-ins, and improve the finish.

My main motivation behind the casting is that I don't have a mill or lathe. So I figured if I can cheaply cast something that is accurate enough to be fit to my needs with a drill press and file I can save a lot of money and still get a nice product.

Status
Not open for further replies.