Street legal mini bike build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbo22

Member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Early this summer a got a monstermoto mmb80 minibike. The engine it came with was junk! Couldnt go up any type of incline at all, and took forever to get any speed. I swapped it out with a predator 212 and 30 series TC. THIS THING IS FAST!

Anyway, Ive been working to make it street legal, and yesterday I finally got my plate!

Has a horn, headlight, L/R blinkers, tail light, brake light, mirrors... basically everything you need to ride on the road. The DOT tires were crazy hard to find, but I did find some.

The process to get a minibike street legal is not very friendly and does take a little while to do. Pray you get someone at the DMV who knows what the **** they are doing. I got lucky and was in and out, but my buddy had to go to three seperate DMVs to get his plate.

Insurance is only $6.33/M!!!!:wai:

Engine mods:
header, intake, re-jet. I plan on taking the gov out and putting a arc billet rod and flywheel soon.

I basically had to chop the whole frame apart and re weld a bunch of stuff to make the 212 fit, but it looks graet now and rides like a power house.
 

Attachments

  • mmb80.jpg
    mmb80.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 58
  • street legal.jpg
    street legal.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 85

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Messages
2,758
Reaction score
30
Location
Mesa, AZ.
LOL. That is great. I have a 53T axles sprocket and my governor removed and my doodle can keep up with traffic at about 40-45mph.
 

kevbo22

Member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
LOL. That is great. I have a 53T axles sprocket and my governor removed and my doodle can keep up with traffic at about 40-45mph.

Thats pretty fast for the doodle. I think the doodle bikes are a little smaller than the monster moto. What size tires are you running?

I do about 45mph now, I am hoping with the gov removed I can get up to 55-60.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top