Street Bike Engine On OffRoad Go Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHammon

New member
Messages
114
Reaction score
2
Location
Shingletown,CA
A friend of mine told me I should take my 212cc engine out and put in a Street bike engine on my go kart. How hard is that to do?
 

crazykart

Crazy member
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
7
Location
Swartz Creek, Michigan
Small street boke engine, even a small dirt bike engine could possibly be done. How hard it is depends on how much of the bike you get. It CAN be easy, but does require some parts. It also can be very hard. All depends on what you have, cash on hand, and ability.
 

RyanHammon

New member
Messages
114
Reaction score
2
Location
Shingletown,CA
Small street boke engine, even a small dirt bike engine could possibly be done. How hard it is depends on how much of the bike you get. It CAN be easy, but does require some parts. It also can be very hard. All depends on what you have, cash on hand, and ability.

Would a 250 dirt bike engine be too much hp for it? I've never done anything like this before
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Ok 250cc dirt bike. thread says street bike. I thought you were talking 600-1000cc shifter making 100+ hp!. Sounds safe. and very difficult.
 

RyanHammon

New member
Messages
114
Reaction score
2
Location
Shingletown,CA
Ok 250cc dirt bike. thread says street bike. I thought you were talking 600-1000cc shifter making 100+ hp!. Sounds safe. and very difficult.

I'm not sure what I want yet. Either a 250cc/150cc dirt bike engine or a small street bike engine. Been looking up price's
 

crazykart

Crazy member
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
7
Location
Swartz Creek, Michigan
No small street bike could also mean a 200+cc yamaha or honda. You know, old crap no one wants anymore lol. I would say 250cc dirt bike engine you would maybe want to reinforce the frame a bit. 150cc-200 you should be allroght for the most part. Yes you need the entire woring harness, and honestly I would get the whole rear as well. Use the brake if possible, and use the sprocket if possible. Use the frame itself for both the motor mount and to help hold the power on the frame. Heck run lights off it too lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top