Strange Vintage 2 Speed Mini-Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
What specifically leads you to that conclusion 930? I know in karts there are many distinguishing features that helps us identify makers and models but on mini-bikes in that era there were well over 80 companies so it is fantastically difficult for me to differentiate.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
well theres only a few brands that have the back end of the frame like that wards/gilson and sears/roper are the ones that came to mind. Then i looked a little closer and it just didnt seem like a wards rear end so i looked on oldminibikes.com where i was logged on anyway. And i saw the stripes and front decal just like the sears bikes on omb.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't order all the parts individually... I believe the secondary clutch was a Comet product but there may be other manufacturers or some still around on one of these online retailers.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
you can still get the dual sprocket clutch i think but you have to search a little for the 2 speed jackshaft. They are still out there though. Your talkin 80$ for the clutch and at the very least 90$ for the jackshaft assembly. There was a guy on oldminibikes.com a little while back that had a bunch of new ones for sale.
To make one from scratch really would be quite a bit harder than it seems at first glance. If you got a bunch of old clutches and stuff around its worth a try i suppose. Iv been thinking about it since i first saw a 2 speed.

Mac

Minibike Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
You can still find some of the two-speed automatic shift jackshafts around.
The two-speed manual shift is slightly harder to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.