Steven's Mini Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my buddy Steven (you can see him on the home page in the white button up fancy shirt) bought this mini chopper project off of craigslist.

For 400 bucks, he scored a chopper frame, forks, wheels, engine (lifan 100 something cc) etc etc.

Anyway, here's a pic of the frame.

We're thinking that if he sells the Lifan engine, he can get a HF Blue engine and torque converter, and make a few bucks in the process. The project is a knock around bike, just for fun, so running clutch cables and all this isn't really what he wants to do.

BUT... now that there's an engine on the market, I'm trying to brainstorm for ideas for it!

Attachments

• IMG_7624.jpg
    IMG_7624.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 174

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're kidding, but just in case! :)

Craigslist is a classified ads site that's free. Check www.craigslist.org and see if there's one for your location.

bigbuddy29

Reaction score
went to craigs list last night, very kool. never new what it was. i spent 3 hours on there, pick up 2 mini bikes for 20.00 bucks. thanks for the info everyone.:cheers2: :drool5: :sifone:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, when he bought it, it came with a Lifan 110-150 (can't recall exact size). But because he doesn't want to do all the work (and $$) of different sprockets, jackshafts, he's going to put a HF blue on it with a torque convertor. And then probably sell the Lifan. He got all that stuff, plus another rear and front tire/wheels, 41 pitch sprockets, etc for around $400. I think the engine itself is worth around that.

athif

Reaction score
craigslist rules, my freind got a free gokart!!!
i also got a 25 hp honda engine for 100 bucks

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Craigslist in my area sucks when it comes to go karts :(

I can't find anything below like a $500 range. People want top dollar for everything. Bastards...

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yes, on the west coast. I saw a regular mini bike just a little while ago and they wanted several hundred for it, don't remember the exact amount. I was like :ack2: I can't find any of those awesome deals on complete stuff like some others here.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
today i saw a mini ibke with 5hp motor that was just looked over alone with frame for 150. Anybody have a seat i could get? I need a seat for my carb and it seems silly to buy a kit for the seat only. I lost it somehow and was just wondin if any of you had on laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.