steering wheel quick release hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taotao110d

SPP_MN
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i am looking to add a "race kart" steering wheel quick release hub to my Manco American Express kart frame that i recently picked up that has no steering wheel on it, and hoping someone here can help me out since none of the vendors seem to list the size of the hex nut used with any of the quick release hubs they are trying to sell. All that they all seem to list is the diameter of the steering shaft that the (im guess un-sizeable lol) hex nut should be welded to, but no talk of the size of the hex nut :2guns:

When i picked up the frame there was no steering wheel, but there is a 1-1/8" hex on the end of the steering shaft where the steering wheel mounts. I was hoping the steering wheel with quick release hub i already have would fit, but it uses a 7/8" hex nut instead of the 1-1/8" hex nut that is on there. I know I could cut the bigger hex nut off and weld on the 7/8" hex nut that my old quick release hub uses, or I could grind it down untill its 7/8" lol.

But, i'd really like a new quick release hub that fits the typical 3 bolt go kart steering wheels and attaches to a 1-1/8" hex nut. (i cant find any information about the size of the nut, just the shaft :2guns:)

Anyone know where to find one that fits? if not, i will make something work, but i really want a quick release hub that fits a 1-1/8" hex nut.

Thanks everyone!

taotao110d

SPP_MN
Reaction score
Some kart quick release steering wheel hubs attach to a splined steering shaft and some attach to a 6 sided nut welded on to the end of the steering shaft. I have a steeringg wheel with quick release hub off one of my old karts that attached to a 7/8" nut on the steering shaft. The kart I just picked up has a 1-1/8" nut on the end of its steering shaft.

I can't find any vendors that actually list the size (7/8",1",1-1/8" etc) of the nut that the hub actually attaches to instead of pointlessly listed the steering shaft diameter. And hoping someone can help me out since the vendors don't seem to care to sell their parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.