Stealth Kart- just like a NINJAH!

Volksdad

Reaction score
I live about a block from the police station in a fairly quiet neighborhood- but love to ride the kart at night with the kids. Our cart has a stock predator 212 with a torque converter- the cart itself is a carter vintage red talon- model 24995. I’d like to quiet down the ride- any advice on a muffler that will help quiet this motor?

I know this is not nearly as exciting as trying to get gobs of power out of my little Chinese motor but yeah- I want to quiet things down if possible… Any advice?image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
No muffler. A silencer. I've built a 3" round one about 13" long, and a rectangular one about (wild guess) 6" x 14" x 2" height.
No restrictions in them at all, free-flowing exhaust that just has to zigzag back and forth before it comes out. Works on the same principle as noise-cancelling headphones. The phones receive sound and instantly play it back into the oncoming sounds, equal tones cancelling each other out. Attaching pics of the original drawing for the round one, and exploded views before welding it all up. Drawing shows the round one's (4) 180 degree switchbacks bouncing the sound straight back into itself on each while the exhaust flows freely around. Ignore the section showing the removeable steel wool baffle, didn't build it.
Final pic shows silencer in place on minibike, it's the black cylinder with the steel wooled support bracket.
Go to YouTube, type "quiet but unrestricted" in the search bar. First video that pops up, says Proving my "quiet but unrestricted" claim.
People on this forum gave me a ton of grief for my claim, had to make a video to shut them up. Bear in mind that Predator 212 had been hotrodded up to 12hp., had to have free flow to breathe all that air and fuel. Current gokart silencer is on a 15+ hp. Predator 212, works the same way. All that power without all that noise, best of both worlds.

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_184036.jpg
    IMG_20190914_184036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190914_184113.jpg
    IMG_20190914_184113.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190721_173529.jpg
    IMG_20190721_173529.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190721_171059.jpg
    IMG_20190721_171059.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190818_160129.jpg
    IMG_20190818_160129.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30

Volksdad

Reaction score
I gotta say- that’s a pretty elaborate solution to my problem, annnnndd I really can’t resist the opportunity to make something, so I’m going to attempt it. lol. My wife is going to hate another project…

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You forgot the rest of that statement. “My wife is going to hate another project, but she’ll get over it if she loves me. “ :thumbsup:

There I finished it for you. No need to thank me, just send money!

Pinhead

Reaction score
No muffler. A silencer. I've built a 3" round one about 13" long, and a rectangular one about (wild guess) 6" x 14" x 2" height.
No restrictions in them at all, free-flowing exhaust that just has to zigzag back and forth before it comes out. Works on the same principle as noise-cancelling headphones. The phones receive sound and instantly play it back into the oncoming sounds, equal tones cancelling each other out. Attaching pics of the original drawing for the round one, and exploded views before welding it all up. Drawing shows the round one's (4) 180 degree switchbacks bouncing the sound straight back into itself on each while the exhaust flows freely around. Ignore the section showing the removeable steel wool baffle, didn't build it.
Final pic shows silencer in place on minibike, it's the black cylinder with the steel wooled support bracket.
Go to YouTube, type "quiet but unrestricted" in the search bar. First video that pops up, says Proving my "quiet but unrestricted" claim.
People on this forum gave me a ton of grief for my claim, had to make a video to shut them up. Bear in mind that Predator 212 had been hotrodded up to 12hp., had to have free flow to breathe all that air and fuel. Current gokart silencer is on a 15+ hp. Predator 212, works the same way. All that power without all that noise, best of both worlds.
I can't find your video on Youtube.