starting off road cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocko

Reaction score
hi im kinda new here but ive already built a kart from scratch that looks exactaly like the one on the website.now that im done with it i want to make an one seater off road kart.here are some of the things i want it to have.1.live axle 2.front suspension 3.rear suspesion 4.huge atv tires. But im not sure if i should get pillow block bearings or should i get the bearings that use hangers.Ill keep you guys updated with pics and drawings.:D

2or3wheels

Reaction score
Ok. one thing is the reat suspension. are you using Indpendent or swing arm the easyest i think would be to make the front end and all the way to the seat. behind the seat have some kind of tubing with bar in it that will be the pivot pointof the suspension and have the coil mounted somewhere else. The motor will be mounted on that plate so you wouldnt have to have a tensenior to keep the chain on, plus i think if you get the pivot right the easyst.
i cant draw so it will be hard but if someone knows what im talking about can draw it up and post it that would be great.

Crabapple

Reaction score
if you hit too hart though you will completly bottom out.
you may also get rocks stuck in there and not beable to fully retract to operating position.
simple and easy idea though.

rocko

Reaction score
what bearings should i use the hanger tipe ones or the pillow block

2or3wheels

Reaction score
if you hit too hart though you will completly bottom out.
you may also get rocks stuck in there and not beable to fully retract to operating position.
simple and easy idea though.

well that would depend on the strength of the coil. i always thought using those long bike ones would work, but using 2 of them to be sure then you could also adjust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.