Sprocket size???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMHELENA

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
right now I have a 38 tooth sprocket and it will hardly pull out of my drive way. Is it the higher the tooth count the more take off power you have? I will be off road most of the time ( hills trails, ect..) also have a 41 chain. Do i need a 54 or 60 tooth? Tires are about 8 to 10 inches from top to ground.
 

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Messages
6,622
Reaction score
45
Location
Huntington Station, Long Island, NY
My example was for #35 chain. #40 chain has longer links meaning you cannot go as high as 72 teeth. Actual diameter of tires will determine how big you can go.
Using #35 chain and a 72 tooth sprocket on my kart gives me 1.1 inch sprocket to ground clearance.
That's enough for me as I only drive on asphalt. Ground clearance with a larger sprocket might be a problem if off roading.
I can give you a sprocket size recommendation If I know actual (not about) diameter of tire.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top