Sprocket Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane_Grey

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
KS
I have been trying to figure out how to loosen the sprocket on my go kart because the chain isn't aligned very well, but I cannot figure it out.



I loosened the 4 bolts and thought i could just pry it over but that didn't work. I also tried screwing a bolt into the hole between the top two bolts to separate the sprocket from the center, but the hole doesn't appear to be threaded.

Any help would be great.

I hope the picture is not to large.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
If it's been there for a long time, the hanger can be frozen onto the axle. Try hitting it with rustbuster or something similar.

Is it possible it's a 2 piece hanger? What happens when you take the bolts out? Here's my thinking: There's a slot in the inner piece (to the left of the axle in the pic) Is it possible the connection between the two pieces it tapered &, as you tighten the bolts, the taper causes the inner piece to grab the axle.
 

Zane_Grey

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
KS
You are correct the center piece is tapered. After trying many bolts I found one that would screw into the holes between the bolts. Just had to screw in the bolts to separate the sprocket hub from the tapered center so I could move it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top