sprocket and topend issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Reaction score
Well trying to get more speed on top end is becoming an issue trying to find right sprocket. I am trying to find a "C" type sprocket that has either 12 or 14t with 5/8 bore that will fit #40 chain is impossible to find! So..instead could i use a "B" type sprocket which i can find easily... but will i have issues with it lining up right or could i use washers, spacers or locking collar to make up the difference of it only having one shoulder? Or should i be satisfied with the 35mph its reaching now. Any or all suggestions appreciated.

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
Well trying to get more speed on top end is becoming an issue trying to find right sprocket. I am trying to find a "C" type sprocket that has either 12 or 14t with 5/8 bore that will fit #40 chain is impossible to find! So..instead could i use a "B" type sprocket which i can find easily... but will i have issues with it lining up right or could i use washers, spacers or locking collar to make up the difference of it only having one shoulder? Or should i be satisfied with the 35mph its reaching now. Any or all suggestions appreciated.

Go to your local agricultural/small engines repair shop, they should be able to order the sprocket you need in.

Thanks

hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.