spindle bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find some of these? I did some searching but had no luck finding anything that matched these. One of them is missing the bottom piece and is bent and tore up. they are the last essential pieces I need in order to get my kart back together and rolling.

Shot at 2012-03-26

anderkart

Reaction score
Hey those are exactly like the king pins my Invader kart has...

The only place I could find selling these is here: http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/chassis/cpa/cks.htm

There almost halfway down that page listed as "Quick Adjust King Pin Bolt 3/8" Chromed (Threaded Bolt Allows Fast Cross Weight Adjustment, Should Work on Most Chassis with Some Spindle C Modification)"

I'd take some mesurements off your old one and call/email them first to make sure they'll fit.

Sentrek

Reaction score
I knew that if anyone would know where to find them it would probably be you. Thanks! Now, at $31 a piece plus shipping there goes all my money towards the new seat.

anderkart

Reaction score
No my Invader still has the original kingpins, I'd just seen those on comets site so I hope they're the same threads you need. (my threads are 5/8"-11)

When I took mine apart it looked like you could use a 5/8"-11 bolt, and cut/drill/tap it to make either of the 2 adjuster halves, then use a standard 3/8" king pin bolt down through the middle.

I ended up adding a jam nut to the bottom of mine so I could make quick adjustments without having to use a cotter key.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Well, I just ordered a set, I will let you know when I get them if they fit or not. Mine are 5/8 too but I'm not sure of the pitch.

anderkart

Reaction score
Your pic kinda looks like 5/8"-18. (that's 18 threads per inch)
I just magnified that tiny comet pic, it looks like it has fine threads like yours.

Sentrek

Reaction score
It really is. But I have bought complete karts for less than I paid for these. Owell, now my kart has new paint, all new paint, all new bolts, new axle, and all new bearings, and new hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.