Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
3,018
Reaction score
75
Location
Texas
Hi folks,

We've been getting hit HARD w/ spam lately, and we've taken some steps to prevent these jerks from getting access.

THANK you for reporting spam to us using the little "!" icon on a post.

I have hope this will subside in a couple of days. I just went through a few hundred recent registrants and deleted a ton of them.

IF YOU WERE ONE OF THEM and I deleted you in error, please forgive me. Join back up, you're welcome to be here!

Carry on! I went to my garage space today (in 100 degree heat, no less) to look for some tools, and I can't wait till it gets cooler. It's been a hot one around here, my friends.
 

souperman000

New member
Messages
2,466
Reaction score
11
Location
Westlake Village, CA
Carry on! I went to my garage space today (in 100 degree heat, no less) to look for some tools, and I can't wait till it gets cooler. It's been a hot one around here, my friends.

Ah, Robert it has been hot everywhere. my summer job outside all day is getting to be a real drag.

And thank you for the spam deletions. It has been hectic but everyone is working together to get rid of it.
 

fowler

New member
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
18
Location
Bullsbrook West Aus
It's seems to be more liked hacked than spammed

Can u close registration for a few days?

Feeling sorry for who ever has to sort this our
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
We can have more mods, all over the world. But I'm not so certain that bandages are the solution. It needs to be harder for spammers to get in the door.
 

fowler

New member
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
18
Location
Bullsbrook West Aus
Ya we need more mods
Me sideways and fabroman could kill these spammers over lunch when u lot are in deep sleep
So they post 2 threads not 20

Edit
Surly something has gone wrong recently
Iv never seen any site be hit this hard by the same bloke
 

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
2
Location
Perth, Western Australia
We can have more mods, all over the world. But I'm not so certain that bandages are the solution. It needs to be harder for spammers to get in the door.

Indeed, but until that is fixed a few mods over here (note, we're in pretty much the opposite time zone to you) isn't going to hurt.

Spam sits around for hours, as Fowler says, we could zap it whilst you guys are in bed. :)

Thanks

Hayden
 

Nodroz

New member
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1
Location
Belgium (Europe)
We have to prevent these bots from signing up, rather than allowing them signing up and removing all the posts. It'll save a lot of time and less hassle. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top