Son's Birthday project HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Just measured the rear tires and they are 19" tall.

I pressured wash the frame yesterday. The belt thinga ma jig is WELDED onto the axle. So it looks like I'm gonna have to get a new axle. I don't know if I should try to get a different rolling frame and stick my new motor on that or what. I still need brakes and a sprocket for this one. AHHHHHHH
This one looks like it may nickel and dime me to death.

---DirtySCREW

LMAO (I'm laughing with you, not at you).

I stand by my earlier statement: stick with the belt setup for now, get it going for him & worry about everything else later
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Measure the width across the top of the pulleys, then the total circumference in inches that the belt needs to be. Use this site to work out what belt you have. Most likely an a or b section belt.

The belt numbers works as follows
section name, circumference
e.g. if you had an A section belt with a 40" circumference the belt would be A40. Then google this or go to a shop and ask for that belt.
Hope that makes sense.
 

DirtySCREW

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Well I decided to go with a chain and sprocket setup as it would be more reliable in the long run I think. I appreciate everyone's help and probably will have more questions soon..lol.

Here are some pics:













A friend of mine is helping and has done some welding for me. I think this will turn out nice! Parts are on the way from MFG Supply!

--DirtySCREW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top