SOLVED->Broke off Bolt in ARC con rod-extraction tips?

CEB

Reaction score
You Absolutley will cause eyeballs to twich ,beer to be spilled and possibly small puppies to be kicked if you so much as SUGGEST that someone,somewhere definitely absolutely not me has another cart running with GRADE 8 bolts in the rod cap.Its not possible,it wont work,and now you have started a riot and possibly maimed an innocent bystander with the explosion that is going to be caused by your rattle trap death kart.
That said,my replacement bolts get here Saturday .And then some more next week sometime cause I misread the email that said I could not reorder them cause they were out of stock as saying "we didnt send these to you " and ordered more from a different supplier.In my defense ,I went to public schools.
My wife is just glad her new car gets paid for,the magic light switches produce light,and the ice box is full.New house on the way.Along with fully clothed semi-civilized teenagers(braces aint cheap).And also glad Im not occupying a bar stool in the ol'murder spot on the back roads.So I have my hunting,shooting,building,whatever I want within reason.With the added benefit of a practical at home education for the youngins when my kids are hanging with me.
So ..my hobby budget may not be your budget,you may be much better off.Or not.
But hell as long as a man covers his responsibilities who cares if his budget is $20 for a junker and scrap yard parts.
If he gets that junker rollin,the KID dont care,I promise.
(And as far as safety of said hypothetical kid-if any of you can hot rod a motor to unsafe levels with $20 and scrap parts,TEACH ME YOUR WAYS)
Wait I missed the boat completely on that one-the insinuation is that the BOLTS WERE JANKY.Glad someone else said it,Im not brave enough to besmirch ARPs "custom made for ARC" bolts.

Willie1

Reaction score
Wait I missed the boat completely on that one-the insinuation is that the BOLTS WERE JANKY.Glad someone else said it,Im not brave enough to besmirch ARPs "custom made for ARC" bolts.
Yeah, I wasn't saying that you had an issue because you used a grade 8 Tractor Supply sourced rod bolt.
(Ummm, did you?) :unsure:

What I will suggest, for friendly debate.
Much like GM has its "luxury" Cadillacs and "blue collar" Chevrolets, or Snap-On also sells entry level Blue Point tools -
isn't it possible that ARP also sells a "cost effective" line of fasteners that may not have the "pedigree" that their premium
ones carry?
Again, not making any assumptions or accusations, BUT -
It may be more profitable to buy a "second tier" part at a significant cost savings, because even with a higher failure rate and warranty costs, it still shows a more profitable bottom line.

CEB

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't saying that you had an issue because you used a grade 8 Tractor Supply sourced rod bolt.
(Ummm, did you?) :unsure:

What I will suggest, for friendly debate.
Much like GM has its "luxury" Cadillacs and "blue collar" Chevrolets, or Snap-On also sells entry level Blue Point tools -
isn't it possible that ARP also sells a "cost effective" line of fasteners that may not have the "pedigree" that their premium
ones carry?
Again, not making any assumptions or accusations, BUT -
It may be more profitable to buy a "second tier" part at a significant cost savings, because even with a higher failure rate and warranty costs, it still shows a more profitable bottom line.
No sir, not me...not in this motor😃

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You Absolutley will cause eyeballs to twich ,beer to be spilled and possibly small puppies to be kicked if you so much as SUGGEST that someone,somewhere definitely absolutely not me has another cart running with GRADE 8 bolts in the rod cap.Its not possible,it wont work,and now you have started a riot and possibly maimed an innocent bystander with the explosion that is going to be caused by your rattle trap death kart.
That said,my replacement bolts get here Saturday .And then some more next week sometime cause I misread the email that said I could not reorder them cause they were out of stock as saying "we didnt send these to you " and ordered more from a different supplier.In my defense ,I went to public schools.
My wife is just glad her new car gets paid for,the magic light switches produce light,and the ice box is full.New house on the way.Along with fully clothed semi-civilized teenagers(braces aint cheap).And also glad Im not occupying a bar stool in the ol'murder spot on the back roads.So I have my hunting,shooting,building,whatever I want within reason.With the added benefit of a practical at home education for the youngins when my kids are hanging with me.
So ..my hobby budget may not be your budget,you may be much better off.Or not.
But hell as long as a man covers his responsibilities who cares if his budget is $20 for a junker and scrap yard parts.
If he gets that junker rollin,the KID dont care,I promise.
(And as far as safety of said hypothetical kid-if any of you can hot rod a motor to unsafe levels with $20 and scrap parts,TEACH ME YOUR WAYS)
You made me cry when you said kicked puppies and spilled beer. :censored:

Reactions: CEB

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Yea, but is still wrong to kick a puppy or spill beer. There are poor people out there who can’t afford to buy beer. You should just send it to me, ah, I, I, mean them. And stop kicking puppies!

Reactions: CEB

CEB

Reaction score
Yea, but is still wrong to kick a puppy or spill beer. There are poor people out there who can’t afford to buy beer. You should just send it to me, ah, I, I, mean them. And stop kicking puppies!
Juuuust in case any one becomes suspicious of me....bolts were delivered early!

Attachments

• 20220513_173333.jpg
    20220513_173333.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4