Snowmobile tach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
then how does it read the rpm?

on the motor i got theres a normal sized wire that runs from the cdi box to the coil. and the tach output is spliced into that

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
then how does it read the rpm?

on the motor i got theres a normal sized wire that runs from the cdi box to the coil. and the tach output is spliced into that

I tried putting the tach output into that and it was a no-go, i got absolutely no reading on the tach. So your tach has one wire attached to that and the other to the ground? thats what i tried... it may be because the tach is from an engine more than 4 times the size of this one, that is a 2 stroke and has 2 or 3 cyl (not sure how many but atleast 2)

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Well i still cant get a good reading from it, im just going to forget it its not important, when i know when to shift it was more just the cool factor. I am still going to try and get the speedometer hooked up, the gear reduction thing that was on the snomobile for the speedo is frozen tho so i'm not sure how ill do this.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Good news, the sled frame is getting taken away for free, and the next one is coming for another five by friday. Its seized in 1 cyl, a lot of parts are gone but the engine and carbs are there. I might be able to get the speedo gear case off that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.