• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrownie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else has any wildfires in their area at the moment? The last couple days, my area has had a ridiculous amount of smoke from a couple fires near us, one of which is just a few miles from my house and around 10,000 acres I think. Last time I read, we had upgraded from 'hazardous' air quality to 'very unhealthy' :mad:

Here's some pics taken just now. For reference, the river is 200 yards wide. In the second pic, there is a mountain around a mile, maybe less away that I cannot see at all.

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpg
    IMG_4551.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 9

Kartorbust

Reaction score
We had hazy skies here last week from either those fires or another set. Clear skies the last few days though. Last year I think it was, maybe 2 years ago outside smelled like burning pine because of the Canadian wild fires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mckutzy

Reaction score
Here in the Lowermainland/southern valley of BC, we have had quite the haze blanketing the region....
Sun is a nice orange colour... Really muggy out though... were hoping for rain soon as we have quite the plethora of wildfire up in the interior of BC...

MTNSleder

😈 Snake ƘƖԼԼЄ&
Reaction score
That's just campfire smoke ;)

Last week here in saskachewn it was almost dark out side from all the smoke...

Second thought that smoke might be our smoke, don't breathe it, it's toxic :D

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Wow. I can see the effects down here in NM just north of the Mexico border. The skys are hazy and I can't see the mountains on the horizon. It's not bad but I can definitely see it.

MTNSleder

😈 Snake ƘƖԼԼЄ&
Reaction score
Smoke :D

Attachments

• 3A5A52C2-2A67-4247-B5A3-474EF3B23B65.jpg
    3A5A52C2-2A67-4247-B5A3-474EF3B23B65.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 6

Ebrownie

Reaction score
Just found this pic of the smoke from a satellite... it's crazy how spread out it is.

I think the forecast is calling for more thunderstorms in the next week for here also... hopefully we don't get any more fires. I think I have 5 within 20 miles of me, and 1 they don't even have people fighting it because resources are spread too thin.

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 8

MTNSleder

😈 Snake ƘƖԼԼЄ&
Reaction score
July 1st 2018, if you're Canadian you'll understand. :D

If you're not a Canadian Google it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.