Shudders on takeoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjohn

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I have a centrfucal clutch by with chain to jackshaft and chain to sproket on rear wheel; when I give it gas it shudders then smothes out ....... Help please
 

guitarman AL

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hey, been having the same trouble with a torque converter. Mine only does it from a dead stop. Accelerates fine from mid range. Also seems to happen after it has run awhile. Heat related?
 

sexyvicta

New member
Messages
806
Reaction score
2
you reckon this applies to weedeaters also?

have been trying to solve a mystery shudder in one of mine for a while now. Only does it sometimes
 

johnjohn

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I seem to have stopped my shuddering by removing clutch ( Hilliard extreem duty ) and with a dremal tool file a cross hatch pattern onto the clutch shooes............
 

guitarman AL

New member
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
clutch shuuders

Not sure what you are calling the clutch "shoes." Do you mean the clutch hubs? I seemed to have solved my kart's shudder from Jeremy's advice. My clutch was fairly clean, but the bronze bushing was stuck to the shaft and not spinning freely. A liitle lube undeneath and it is working fine now. Makes sense why the belt was grabbing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top