Shredder II Plans still around?

GreyW00lf

Reaction score
Does anyone Remember the Shredder II plans From uBuildit.com?

I'm trying to find them to buy them, but the site is no longer what it used to be, points to another website that has nothing to do with building a go kart and If i try to google it, it comes up with Metal Shredders for scrapping.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'd ask around on minibuggy.net. They were kind of a popular plan to follow. Maybe see if someone will sell you a set on there or give you a copy for free. Otherwise theedgeproducts.com is good company, they make thos Trax III plans that Karts of Kaos linked to. Outside of Spidercarts, not much out there for smallish full suspension buggy plans.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Huh that's weird. Didn't know they weren't taking anymore registrations.

One thing to note, The Edge Products are based in Australia. So either you need to use PayPal or call your banking establishment (or Credit Union) and let them know you'll be making a purchase from them. Other wise it'll be marked as fradulent it'll lock up your account and your purchase will not go through. Had it happen over a year ago.

minidozer

Reaction score
Does anyone Remember the Shredder II plans From uBuildit.com?

I'm trying to find them to buy them, but the site is no longer what it used to be, points to another website that has nothing to do with building a go kart and If i try to google it, it comes up with Metal Shredders for scrapping.
I have the plans bought them a few years ago along with the mini dozer. Started the mini dozer never got around to the kart. Tried to register minibuggy.net says the administrator closed registration. Any way I have since retired need to thin some things out, decided I'm nver going to build the cart. Would like to sell them.

GreyW00lf

Reaction score
I have the plans bought them a few years ago along with the mini dozer. Started the mini dozer never got around to the kart. Tried to register minibuggy.net says the administrator closed registration. Any way I have since retired need to thin some things out, decided I'm nver going to build the cart. Would like to sell them.
I believe that you couldn't resell them in any form, from what I remember when uBuildit.com was around, but since it's not around anymore I don't know what legitimacy or rules would apply.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I believe that you couldn't resell them in any form, from what I remember when uBuildit.com was around, but since it's not around anymore I don't know what legitimacy or rules would apply.
It's a grey area. I don't know if the fairness of reselling them, just give them out.

minidozer

Reaction score
The first page of the instructions says I cannot copy or reproduce them in any form without written permission from Ubuilditplans Inc. If they were still in business I would contact them for advice but. The last statement is "These plans are for one time home builders only and are not to be used for commercial manufacture or building for resale." I look at it as I am transferring my one time build license to the new owner of the plans. As stated before I have no intention of building one.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
If they are out of business I would think they would be up for grabs then. I consider plans a general starting point though. With that said I would also like a copy to use as a jumping off point.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I guess it wouldnt hurt having a copy of the plans myself either. Add variety of what I can build since my ST2 is still back burner until I figure out the stupid engine situation.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
:smiley_omg::smiley_omg::smiley_omg::smiley_omg::smiley_omg:

Just post the plans already :thumbsup:

I don't think they are gonna come lookin' for ya ;)
"These plans are for one time home builders only and are not to be used for commercial manufacture or building for resale."
Here on DIYGK we are all one time home builders
...& I don't know of anyone on here who has intentions "for commercial manufacture or building for resale" of karts they have built :auto:

minidozer

Reaction score
It's too bad they didn't sell the business, I've been checking corp records they had 2 employees and were making 230k when they dissolved in 2016. Not bad for printing and shipping plans

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Probably lost interest in doing the plans. Several people over on Minibuggy dot net have modified the Shredder II to have independent rear suspension. Usually done with Chevy/GMC S10 Sonoma CV axles and wheel hub bearings.

GreyW00lf

Reaction score
Probably lost interest in doing the plans. Several people over on Minibuggy dot net have modified the Shredder II to have independent rear suspension. Usually done with Chevy/GMC S10 Sonoma CV axles and wheel hub bearings.
I heard about people doing that too. mostly from people on here though

lug-nuts

Reaction score
Not to dredge up an old thread or anything, but I built this buggy 10 years ago, and still have it. I also have the complete plans. I am currently making a few mods to the buggy. When I originally built it I went very "budget build" Its time to update a few things on it. I made the buggy a bit longer to accomadate a motorcycle engine, and made the height shorter on the rollcage.

Attachments

• 20180802_153715.jpg
    20180802_153715.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 6