Shredder II build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNtravis

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I built my Shreedder II last year then spent the summer doing some trial runs and refining the buggy (plans are by ubuilditplans.com). Tore it down over this winter and had it sand blasted/powder coated, then back together. SO she is all done now and quite honestly is even better than I originally thought it would be! Put a factory new Honda GX670 with the governor tweeked for an extra 500 rpm. Probably about 26hp as she sits and unbeleivable torque! Pretty much stuck with the plans other than the side body panels, larger fuel capacity, mud flaps on all 4 wheels and some add ons like GPS and such. I don't remember how many hours I spent on it but the better part of every weekend for about 5 months. BTW, if you build her go with the recommened suspension, worth every cent! Check out the video of her first run being a completed buggy:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxm5RM3lFB0
 

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
What do you have in terms of gearing and clutch on there? That thing looks fast and awesome!
 

MNtravis

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What do you have in terms of gearing and clutch on there? That thing looks fast and awesome!

Went with a Comet 94C (drive) and a 90D (driven) clutch setup. Almost exactly like a snowmobile clutch setup. As for the gearing, I dont remember the ratios right now. It is geared for a top speed of about 45 mph, could probably gear it to a top speed of 65mph, but then you lose all your torque. Cant get much over 15-20mph on the trails I ride anyways!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top