Should I make this purchase?

Should I buy?

  • Yes

    Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
Thing runs great.
Hits 55 mph.
Has a torque converter.
6.5 HP Briggs and Stratton.
Entire thing is $250.

Should I?
 

Attachments

  • P5070348.jpg
    P5070348.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P5070349.jpg
    P5070349.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P5070350.jpg
    P5070350.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 36

Pyrotechnic

New member
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Thats a steal for $250. I see most running karts going for a lot more than that, at least around here anyway.
 

kibble

I banned myself
Messages
2,766
Reaction score
17
$250!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I can't even get anything significantly lesser than that USED around here for less than $500 NOT including engine sometimes!!!

I say that's a steal, like pyro said! :iagree:
 

jonesie8807

New member
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Buy it, where i live i cant even find a running mini bike for that price, let alone a go kart
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
ahh! I just realized i posted one of those "what do you guys think about me doing this..." threads. So, I apologize for that.

But the guy who is selling it has about 12 karts. They're all amazing, and super cheap! The most expensive kart he is selling is about $350 and it's a 8 HP half-suspension kart.

I feel so bad for the guy because he wanted to open his own shop, but ended up having a heart attack, stroke, and a hip replacement. So he's selling everything he has at dirt cheap prices.

I wish there was a way I could get these karts out there to some of you guys! They're amazing and real project starters!

I think I'm going to go ahead with the buy.

Thanks everyone! =]
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
haha i wish i had enough money! For about a grand, he'd give me all 12 karts, and i could sell those babies for profit! the only problem is...

i dont have a grand. =P
 

kibble

I banned myself
Messages
2,766
Reaction score
17
O......M......G!!!! Why can't he (or I) live closer!?!?!?!!?!? It would be a miracle if I stumbled across something like that where I live! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Lucky you! :thumbsup:
 

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
3,018
Reaction score
75
Location
Texas
damn, for a grand??? wow.... I would buy all 12 tomorrow if i lived there. you might think about borrowing some money and then selling these on craigslist. you could get one fully working kart out of the deal, and sell the rest. That TAV + engine is worth 300, easy. I don't want to give you business advice but that's what i would do! :)

seriously, check craigslist in your area (and other areas) and see what they're selling for, and then use that info to persuade someone to give you some $$$.
 

kibble

I banned myself
Messages
2,766
Reaction score
17
Notice how NOBODY has said "no" to your question about purchasing that kart! :iagree:
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
well, i went ahead and bought it for 200. after i looked at the engine and everything, i saw that a few things needed to be replaced soon. The frame is fine, but the torque converter is jammed a bit and the engine needs a tune-up.

I'll post pictures soon, most likely in a new thread.

thanks everyone
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top