Shops getting full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axx3d

Reaction score
I was down in my home town last weekend for xmas events etc.. I picked up a trailer on CL while i was down there.

I ran in to a old friend at the bar Saturday night and I told him I grabbed a trailer, he said "Good come get this Arctic Cat wheeler from my shop".

I showed up Sunday morning at his shop and he had a 2002 Arctic Cat 500 Auto trans wheeler for me. He said it hasn't ran for 3 years and it had some issues. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said "Just take it out of my shop and were good".

After a 3 hour drive north I got it home yesterday and have just begun to look into whats going on with it.

As of now I saw a short above the battery box n looked at the fuse block.. Found it to be shorted out and melted. When i get some time i'll be tracing all of wiring harness. But the price was right and I like projects..

Attachments

• 20141222_082623.jpg
    20141222_082623.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20141222_075406.jpg
    20141222_075406.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25

Axx3d

Reaction score
Thanx guys!

Ive had a cple hours today.. Drained the tank, it was half full of turpentine.. Gonna rip all the plastic of and trace the wiring harness tomorrow and if time allows ill go through the carb..

Axx3d

Reaction score
Traced all the wiring and it all looks solid. Re did some grounds etc.. Carbs ripped apart and soaking. I have spark and compression so tomorrow ill be able to see if it runs.

Axx3d

Reaction score
Dang, when my friends have a dead 4 wheeler, they don't give to me for free, they want me to fix it for them for free......

He has enough toys and time to fix it himself. He was just done with it. I've known him for a couple of decades, Ive given him outboards and other things and hes given me motors etc.... its a on going thing.

Axx3d

Reaction score
Running like a top..

Cleaned all the grounds,new battery,new fuse block and 6 fuses, cleaned the carb (twice) and set the intake and exhaust valves to spec.

Got some brake work to do but overall im happy with it. Took it out tonight @ -2 degrees n ripped it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.