Shifter Kart, RM250 power, (as a friend of mine says), HOSPITAL FAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickracer

RM250 Race Kart Driver
Reaction score
This is a SERIOUS machine, just for adults, just about built from scratch, by a professional automotive master technician and welder/fabricator. You may have seen it on Youtube, :)
The motor is a 83 RM250, (should be about 42~45 hp @9600 rpm), it has Wildkart front brakes, Enginetics rear brakes, dual Enginetics master cylinders, 520 chain, sprockets and tensioner, HAND BUILT: shifter, clutch release system, front spindles and brake caliper mounts. Comes with an EXTRA set of nearly new Dunlop race tires, the same as what's on it now, a kart stand, starting stand, starting strap, kick starter, and a tire bead breaker and inflation sleeve, (both for changing tires with). So far, this kart has run high 8s in a few trips to the 1/8th mile drags with not much traction, and in it's only trip to the (road course) kart track, was about the fastest thing there, not bad for it's maiden voyage there, and especially for no front brakes. It does need a new front brake rotor, (broken, $82 from Comet, $93 from Wildkart, it rattled off the starting stand and took off by itself, hit a small tree and broke the rotor, no other damage, in fact, since then, it has been raced on the road course with rear brakes only), and now that it's dialed in, it needs to be blown apart for paint, powdercoat, chrome, etc. It will do WELL OVER 100 mph if you've got the stones to go that fast, (should do 120 +, but I've never had it anywhere I could stretch it out that far or fast). I am including several pics, and a video, if it shows up. I don't NEED to sell this, it's just a toy that I REALLY enjoy, but if I do, I will just put the money into a couple of other current projects that need some $$ invested in them, my V8 S10 pickup tow vehicle/daily driver, and my 76 Vega Drag car. I WILL entertain reasonable offers, but I know what it's worth, what it would cost to build one like it, and will probably build another one later on anyway. $2000 Or Best Offer - Phone Rick (Rickracer) @ 321-437-6659

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i4/Rickracer/Kart/?action=view&current=Kart087.flv

Youtube video, (same vid as the Photobucket link above): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7A2TpnDQBs

;)

Last edited:

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Rick i cant believe your selling it! Howcome?

Just one thing, that motor looks older than 93. Suzuki started using powervalves in the late 80s, and that motor doesnt look like it has one.

Rickracer

RM250 Race Kart Driver
Reaction score
Well, there's a few reasons, one is that they raised the price to race at my local track from $35 for pretty much all day, to $50 for 3 hours, and I'm a cheapskate when it comes to stuff like that, :D
Second is that I got my hands on another Vega and started drag racing again, (best of 6.90 @99.9 mph, so far, in the 1/8th), and it's only $15 to race, ;) :wai: :thumbsup:
I had planned to put a stronger rear end in it pretty soon, it had a early Camaro or Nova 8.2 in it when I got it, but it wouldn't wait, and I broke it BAD. I've got a 9" housing narrowed up and ready to go in it, along with some Moser axles, coilover shocks, Weld Prostars and MT Drag tires, (still need some gears and a spool), but I want to back half and 4 link it at the same time, I'm tired of skating all over the track once I get into high gear. Also, I finally killed the motor in my daily driver and race car towing S10. I've been collecting parts for a while for a motor swap, but I'm still lacking a few things to complete the combo the way I want it, the motor Desktop Dyno's out at 437 hp@5500, 469 ft. lbs@4500, torque at 2000 is 399. Should be a GREAT street motor. Still lacking a 2800~3200 stall lockup converter for the 700R4 trans too. Selling the kart will speed up getting both these other projects finished and back to doing what they do best, FEED ME ADRENALINE!!! :D

BTW, you're right, I just remembered, the motor is an 83 or 84, it was sold to me as a 93 but I figured out later it was way earlier when I was trying to get a clutch cable for it, I just forgot, :oops:

redsox985

Reaction score
I found it on youtube and uum, ya, that moves quite well. I'd need to take changes of undergarments with me to the track.

baf2003

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a very similar project using a 1995 RM250 motor. What kind of sprockets and chain are you using? I'm wanting to go with a #426 chain and gears, but can't figure out what front sprocket I need to use.

Rickracer

RM250 Race Kart Driver
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.