series 30 lineup issue

von

Reaction score
it was fun to ride, then i jacked it up and did the video, i just wanted to see the converter work and seen that wobble ! i didn't think that was right.

von

Reaction score
well u folks were right had that piece backward !
I'm a dummy haha, thing thing runs great I'm glad i didnt buy the 60 tooth BUT after running it wont start without choking it whats the fix for that?? runs, idles fine think previous ower messed with the carb ??

Karttekk

Reaction score
More than likely the carb needs to be removed and cleaned. The jets, emulsion tube, check the fuel filter in the tank, make sure the carb is tight or the carb base gasket isn't torn or missing. Check for a kinked or restricted fuel hose. It will need choked to start cold but not once it's warmed up.

von

Reaction score
kinda what i hoped for i should probably clean the fuel tank while I'm at it, ill look for a good video on carb cleaning, already 96° here ....

Karttekk

Reaction score
If there's debris in the tank, remove the fuel line at the carb and run some fuel through the tank into a can or bottle. Add an inline fuel filter if there's room.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Maybe pull the carb & clean it in the basement if you won't stink the house up with fumes. Don't get sick in the 96 degree heat.

von

Reaction score
no basement, ill do it in the morning or wait till this weekend 16 year old near by (his grandmother lives across from me) loves working on small engines people give him a broken one he works on and sells them he's always asking about it wants to help out

von

Reaction score
someone said the belt that comes with the converter will wear out fast whats the better/best belt to buy ??? and thanks for all the help

von

Reaction score
Genuine Comet or Manco, Dayco, or Gates. All the others are complete garbage made out of a pvc vinyl type substance.
i should have asked can i get one at the local parts store ABC, carquest, napa ?? u have a part #

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
No, you will need to get one from Gokart Supply, Go Power Sports, MFG Supply or BMI or one of the other venders. They are expensive but will outlast many many chineseum belts. Gokart Supply has a pictorial and instructions on how to measure for a correct belt.

von

Reaction score
No, you will need to get one from Gokart Supply, Go Power Sports, MFG Supply or BMI or one of the other venders. They are expensive but will outlast many many chineseum belts. Gokart Supply has a pictorial and instructions on how to measure for a correct belt.
thanks