Sears SOLD the Craftsman tools (pic for hellion )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
To Stanley tools . 900 million dollars .No word yet on the forever warranty. But, you might want to trade in your bad tools really soon just in case. My wrenches are and always have been good. It's the screw drivers I kill the most .

Attachments

• 1483828327414-332906711.jpg
    1483828327414-332906711.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 12

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Sears always said Guaranteed Forever... Or was it For life. Either way...That should be binding.

Besides Kobalt and Husky offer the same warranty. I believe HF has a Guarantee on some hand tools as well. I expect Stanley to continue the same. I mean they bought a brand and that brand is famous for the Guarantee.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
Sears always said Guaranteed Forever... Or was it For life. Either way...That should be binding.

Besides Kobalt and Husky offer the same warranty. I believe HF has a Guarantee on some hand tools as well. I expect Stanley to continue the same. I mean they bought a brand and that brand is famous for the Guarantee.

Fresh off of Wikipedia .. unlimited lifetime warranty.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Fresh off of Wikipedia .. unlimited lifetime warranty.
There you go!
Unlimited not limited till we sell out! and Lifetime well... you aint dead!

That used to be the best deal out there. I got my first tool box filled as a teen by buying Craftsman tools for nickels and dimes at the Swap meet and then stopping by Sears on the way home!

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
There you go!
Unlimited not limited till we sell out! and Lifetime well... you aint dead!

That used to be the best deal out there. I got my first tool box filled as a teen by buying Craftsman tools for nickels and dimes at the Swap meet and then stopping by Sears on the way home!

Great minds think alike. I do that too.:thumbsup::wai::cheers2:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I still have a lot of those tools, but I shop at Harbor Freight now.
My Dad took me to the Swap meet and Sears when I was 15,16, 17.
It is kinda funny now when I do go to the Swap meet and I see guys selling tools.
I cant help but think the guy stole all the tools and is reselling them.
It seemed more random as a teenager we walked past the sellers and looked for tools that were Craftsman.
Now it is the same few tool guys each week... You wonder where does a guy get nothing but used tools to sell week after week.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
I still have a lot of those tools, but I shop at Harbor Freight now.
My Dad took me to the Swap meet and Sears when I was 15,16, 17.
It is kinda funny now when I do go to the Swap meet and I see guys selling tools.
I cant help but think the guy stole all the tools and is reselling them.
It seemed more random as a teenager we walked past the sellers and looked for tools that were Craftsman.
Now it is the same few tool guys each week... You wonder where does a guy get nothing but used tools to sell week after week.

The legit guys get them from estate sales auction and storage locker auctions. The illegitimate sellers buyit from the guys that rip off our trucks at 3 am

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

OK... Just for giggles:

Find the Sears dumpster. They may possibly throw damaged Craftsman returns in it.

Free tools!

Pure frigging genius.:wai:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I heard it here first. Thanks Rail Rider. Nice photo--some may not make the connection regarding Sears = Craftsman and Sears is not the force it once was. Those thick 3" catalogs with everything including the kitchen sink in them.

Gone now.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
I heard it here first. Thanks Rail Rider. Nice photo--some may not make the connection regarding Sears = Craftsman and Sears is not the force it once was. Those thick 3" catalogs with everything including the kitchen sink in them.

Gone now.

I wore out the pages of the Christmas wish list catalog drooling over the karts and mini bikes they had. As I got older another section got the same attention:lolgoku:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Well Stanley has a pretty good reputation with quality tools, Craftsman on the other hand has been slipping the past decade or so. So this may bring back the quality. But I might be s.o.l because I bought a 12v lithium Nextec Craftsman drill a few years ago and no idea if that line will stick around. Just because they bought the brand, doesn't mean they'll sell those tools. Like what happened to Comet, they were bought as well as tooling, but no one continued to make them afterwards. Thank God GTC has quality torque converters, just nothing that would handle 30+HP like certain Comets would.

I think the only Sears left in my state now is at the Burnsville Center and Eden Prairie mall. Though ACE hardware stores here do sell Craftsman tools as well, so I wonder how this will work, since Sears wasn't the exclusive seller they were before about 5 years ago.

maxpower49

Reaction score
OK... Just for giggles:

Find the Sears dumpster. They may possibly throw damaged Craftsman returns in it.

Free tools!

Hate to burst your bubble but I work for a sears and any and all broken hand tools get tossed in a return barrel and shipped back to sears to be melted down for scrap just to avoid that exact situation :p

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
My Father in Law once found a car Battery at the Wal Mart dumpster.
He did not return it or anything Fraudulent, but after putting it on the Battery Charger
It was perfectly fine.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
My Father in Law once found a car Battery at the Wal Mart dumpster.
He did not return it or anything Fraudulent, but after putting it on the Battery Charger
It was perfectly fine.

I grab these out of the home depot battery recycling bin. CA law they have to be replaced every few years they are for emergency exit lights. I've only found 1 bad one.

Attachments

• 1483934006106-1769792749.jpg
    1483934006106-1769792749.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1483934560727-146722820.jpg
    1483934560727-146722820.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Typically those batteries are 12v 7ah and would be great replacements for Power Wheels and Razor Electric vehicles.

If you have a good way to charge them...
They would be great for adding 12v LEDs to a go kart too. As they are Sealed lead acid Batteries they can be mounted in any position too.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
I'm building an electric kart . I need 100 Ah to have about a 35 mile range. Also handy in our rolling blackouts with an inverter.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

A couple will be used on my rail kart . Lights , USB charger. Air compressor.

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
I grab these out of the home depot battery recycling bin. CA law they have to be replaced every few years they are for emergency exit lights. I've only found 1 bad one.

hmm, now i want to drive to home depot and find some batteries! More junk just what i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.