Searching for engine (sellers?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Job05

Reaction score
A 50cc 2stroke engine is not going to happen, so i went searching for a different engine and came across a 150cc 4stroke 2cylinder engine.
The problem now is that i can only find it on alibaba, and my question is if you guys know where i can get this engine. (except for alibaba)

engine talking about:
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1z_RT...2-cylinder-4-stroke-Air-cooled-Motorcycle.jpg

off course thanks in advance

Last edited:

Tpdingo

Reaction score
Link doesn't work. Ordering from Alibaba is about as much of a gamble as if you put down something at the blackjack table for a motor. You might get one, you might not, and it is surely going to take a while to get it.

KartFab

Reaction score
that engine itself is way out of budget for me

which is why we have alibaba.:surrender:

You might want to check used motorcycles and dirt bikes. Metal recyclers, motorcycle recyclers, junk yards. etc You never know what you might find used.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Can you buy single items from Alibaba? I've never purchased from Alibaba because I never needed 1000 of any item. Aliexpress on the other hand, I use all the time. I've never had an item not show up. Shipping from China can take a while, regardless of the site from which you order. Check the reviews of the seller and buy with confidence. I ordered carb jets from eBay on July 6th. I paid Canadian dollars to a Chinese seller who shipped to the US. The jets showed up today. One month after ordering. I think I paid $14 Canadian, Which was like $11 US, for three jet kits. I've ordered Carbs from Aliexpress many times. Those usually show up in under two weeks.

Job05

Reaction score
The engine i am looking for isn't for sale on aliexpress. And apparently if you ask for a 'sample' suppliers will sell you one, but i haven't had any luck yet with finding a supplier that is willing to.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Link doesn't work. Ordering from Alibaba is about as much of a gamble as if you put down something at the blackjack table for a motor. You might get one, you might not, and it is surely going to take a while to get it.

I disagree!

alibaba is a B2B website all companies there want to make __continuous__ sales, they still produce chinese quality parts
(in the best as well as the worst sense of that term)
and that's all the gamble you will encounter...
the same you will have to mess with in case you buy the same item elsewhere.
I contacted alibaba sellers multiple times, and while only two were able to effectively help me out, ALL tried their best to do so.
Friendly people, lingual issues at times alright, but they do work hard to answer quickly and reliably.
Shipping takes time, that much is true..
you will have to fil in custom forms (at least very likely you will)
but that's not their fault is it?
Last thing I ordered from china took 7 days to germany,
last thing I ordered from the USA took 28 days. (just saying ;))

For endusers try aliexpress (closer to ebay without the bidding part ;))
same companies (mostly) and the same items, but more easily to buy single parts not boxes of ten or palettes of 100 or containers of a million or something ;)

'sid

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
that engine itself is way out of budget for me

Honestly, I am like a lot of guys on this site, I know what the market is for new engines like this. This price is what you should expect to pay if this is what you want. I haven't found the land of fantasy where motorcycle engines are inexpensive, but I do keep looking my friend.

Job05

Reaction score
I think how it works now. I am not able to get the engine that i want because they are not in stock, so they have to be produced and the comapnies only do that when someone orders a batch of them.
In this case i might be best off pulling an engine out of something else.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Lifan makes Honda Clones!

in fact I do not know ANY Lifan engine that's not at least "heavily inspired by" a Honda engine

'sid

Status
Not open for further replies.