School me on this carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron John

Reaction score
I picked up this carb a few years ago for cheap. It's new.

What is it, is it any good, etc., etc.

I need to retrofit a carb to a 5 hp Briggs flathead kart engine that will be used on a fat-tired minibike. This little baby might do the trick - it is already set up for a cable throttle - tell me more:

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

JollyKarter

Reaction score
Am I correct to assume it is a round slide? Does it have a brand name on it anywhere? What about choke/cold start provisions?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Its Fellow.
Like "He is a Fellow at the DIY Go Karts school of Advanced Kart Studies"

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
It appears to be a carb either out of a 150 or 250cc scooter.

I can see the fuel enrichment valve.
You will need a 12v power source to operate that valve. Or convert it to a manual one( I did this before ).

Iron John

Reaction score
It appears to be a carb either out of a 150 or 250cc scooter.

I can see the fuel enrichment valve.
You will need a 12v power source to operate that valve. Or convert it to a manual one( I did this before ).

The enrichment is for choke, correct? (There is an electrical connector.) Should work fine on my 5 hp Briggs, then, yes?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Am I correct to assume it is a round slide? Does it have a brand name on it anywhere? What about choke/cold start provisions?

I assume it is a round slide. I have not opened it up. No brand name I can see beyond 'Champion'.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
It is similar to a choke...Instead of choking off the air - it starts off with a wide open valve allowing in a rush of fuel. As the engine is running ( with a 12V ) a heating element warms a wax plug and that starts closing the FEV allowing in less fuel for the desired air/fuel ratio.

also I think it might be a knock off of a keinen( forgot spelling) carb

Status
Not open for further replies.