safety!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
My safety is usaly my gas and brake to get me out of bad situations/slide's And common sence is another safety feature. Realy only add a seat belt for safety if you have a roll cage/bar.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
thats all i was thinking of doing, but safety is the stage worth doing right!!!
what type of seat belt did you use?
should i buy a helmet?
my kart was going to be similat to the kart in the pic, but with a small roll bar

Attachments

• clip_image003.gif
    clip_image003.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 21

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Mine will have a roll cage, window nets (to stop flailing arms being crushed in a roll over), 4/5 point racing harness, helmet, battery isolator switch, and a tip over sensor.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah just a little tip on the harness's. Get the 5 point. It is a little unforfortable "Down there" Under hard braking or hitting something but it's worth it.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
All my kart had was a lab belt that I added (it was really just a GM lap belt with the needs bolted together and the whole hting wrapped around the seat frame). Kill on the wheel that only worked half the time, and a kill on the engine.

jarcynvicnchris93

Reaction score
man that will be one safe kart

Mine will have a roll cage, window nets (to stop flailing arms being crushed in a roll over), 4/5 point racing harness, helmet, battery isolator switch, and a tip over sensor.

yep with your offroad kart I have a feeling those safety features could come in handy. Way to go man. Howz the kart
coming? any progress?

My kart will have kill switches, 5 point harnesses (already bought from ebay), fire extenguisher, and others Im sure will be added.

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
My dad wanted me to get a seat belt (actually he told me I had to get one or I wasn't allowed to drive it), and I told him that it would be unsafe on my go-kart, but it wasn't until a mate of his told him that their racing karts didn't have them, that he relented.

Safety features on my go-kart are:
Brake
Roll bar (not to be confused with roll cage)
Tacho (working within limits of engine)
Kill switch on "dashboard"
Killswitch near motor, clearly labled (in case I get knocked out/incapacitated, and a bystander needs to shut down the motor).
Gradual curves in throttle cable to reduce friction and reduce likelyhood of cable sticking throttle on (kill switch wires can fail)

Soon to be added:
Scatter shield. Cheap life saving device.

Status
Not open for further replies.