Saddle Racer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyz250f

Piddler
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Murphy
Here is my idea of a bar stool racer. I volunteer at an equestrian ranch with kids with disabilities, so I thought why not take something old and turn it into something cool.
I will attach build pics, but here is the end result.
 

Attachments

  • 20150412_130931.jpg
    20150412_130931.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 10846431_10206582338547988_4313717049284874268_n.jpg
    10846431_10206582338547988_4313717049284874268_n.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150412_130957.jpg
    20150412_130957.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150412_210020.jpg
    20150412_210020.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150421_192020.jpg
    20150421_192020.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Nice kart and Welcome.
My post included a link to a mens only retreat! Called "Brodeo" It was a joke.
That thing you built is sweet!
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
it indeed is..

Too bad we couldn't see what contraption is bolted to the front though ;)
(curious minds...)

And except the hurting neck I like it ;) [protipp: correct that malformated image rotation before uploading]

'sid
 

dmyz250f

Piddler
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Murphy
On the front is a Snaffle bit with a set of reigns. Any horse person would see that. :) Sorry bout the neck Sid, May I offer you a dunkle to ease the pain
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
Ahhh.. it got lost on the image (silver merged with the engine) at least for me that is.

Now that you said it I can see the snaffle... makes sense too... should've thought of that myself..
but well.. around here it's < 12yo girls that ride horses;
since I'm neither,
I'm as familiar with horses as with philippine tarsiers :lolgoku:

'sid
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
OP- that a cool little rig... I like that...
Could you take a couple of pics of your brakes... That a different way of doing things... Interesting bracket...
 

dmyz250f

Piddler
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Murphy
Here is a close up of the brake setup during the build. The brake cable is part of the kit, just like on a motorcycle.
 

Attachments

  • 10421282_10205317214880687_8839872260266444185_n.jpg
    10421282_10205317214880687_8839872260266444185_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1377615_10205317215120693_8781941815040850877_n.jpg
    1377615_10205317215120693_8781941815040850877_n.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10

dmyz250f

Piddler
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Murphy
Here is what the project started as and a couple of progression pics along the way.

I took a two seater kart and chopped it up and used about a 1/3rd of the frame for what I needed as the base.
 

Attachments

  • 20150110_160622.jpg
    20150110_160622.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 4
  • 20150110_160609.jpg
    20150110_160609.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 10432471_10205317215960714_242363068454826416_n.jpg
    10432471_10205317215960714_242363068454826416_n.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 10422952_10205317217280747_2127915598314014423_n.jpg
    10422952_10205317217280747_2127915598314014423_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 10676405_10205122782459998_6878966876605694569_n.jpg
    10676405_10205122782459998_6878966876605694569_n.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5

dmyz250f

Piddler
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Murphy
More build progress
 

Attachments

  • 20150124_181956.jpg
    20150124_181956.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150124_182011.jpg
    20150124_182011.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150211_210209.jpg
    20150211_210209.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150211_210223.jpg
    20150211_210223.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150117_151227.jpg
    20150117_151227.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 7

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
I like that caliper bracket you made :thumbsup:

I don't quite see why it was easier to chop up the kart instead of using steel tube... but nevermind ;)

'sid
 

chancer

&#596; &#613; &#592; u &#596; &#477; &#633;
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I thinks the original kart gave a good template for how and where all the parts go. lol
Sounds silly... But if this was a first time builder. Great idea to use an old kart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top