Saab v6 powered golf cart idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
hey guys I'm thinking about taking the fwd engine from my saab paddock bomb and placing it in my golf kart. i was just wondering if anyone has done this before or something similar and have any suggestions on how to make this work

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I approve of this idea. You're talking about taking the entire drivetrain and putting it in the golf Cart? What make and model of Cart? Make Model of Saab?

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
yeah so because the saab is front wheel drive i was just going to remove the entire rear of the golf cart and use the cv's and the strut towers from the original car and do it that way so keep the entire front wheels k frame and what not and use as the rear of the golf cart
so its a saab 900 v6 94 and its a ez-go golf cart

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
So let's see a sketch or something. Car in Front, Cart in back....

Attachments

• Golf Cart Towing 04.JPG
    Golf Cart Towing 04.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 5

anickode

Reaction score
I dunno... Golf cart wheels are pretty small. You might wind up with a 40mph top speed in top gear at redline. If the tires are still even intact by the time you get into top gear, that is.

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
no so id be re using the saab wheels and hubs because id be using the strut towers and what no don't have a sketch yet and it would be cart in front car in back

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Could be a ton of wiring ahead for this project, but people been dropping car, truck, and motorcycle engines in buggies for years, so doing a golf cart swap shouldn't be too terrible. Might be someone whose used that engine in a different project that could give you a baseline on what you'll be looking at.

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
yeah i dunno whether i will be able to actually complete let alone start this project mainly because of my skill level and being such a young age with little knowledge will find it hard to do
just looking for suggestions

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

and like yeah being such a relatively new car (94) there is a ton of wiring to be done which will be a pain in the ***

mckutzy

Reaction score
This is why we don't see auto-to-kart conversions... Overall pain in the a$$. Overly complicated for what you want... And overall it's just a small car by that point... A smart kart, If you will.

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
Ahaha yes well if it were to work it would be fun. Might end up finding a small 4 cylinder or something or even n a 1000cc bike engine to put in it

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Old VW Bug air cooled engine is a very popular choice. Minimal electronics (alternator). Should be easy and cheapish to get a hold of.

williammccarthy8801

Reaction score
Yeah but the problem with that is I'd have to have a separate rear Axle whereas if I was to use a front wheel driven engine I could just use the CD joints and the wheels and everything to keep it easy

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

The CV*

Status
Not open for further replies.