• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Ryan done gone did it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
like Mindy, I have an uncontrollable drive to get things I like, got this turd for a steal! totally gutted it's the perfect blank canvas for... travel trailer? mobile office? mobile workshop? storage? oh my the possibilities! or just flip fast for a few hundred, so hard to decide

but hey, if you know the year and model holler at me! there is a production number for the chassis but those people have no record of it

Attachments

• IMG_7276.JPG
    IMG_7276.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7281.jpg
    IMG_7281.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7277.JPG
    IMG_7277.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7278.JPG
    IMG_7278.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7279.JPG
    IMG_7279.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7314.JPG
    IMG_7314.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7312.jpg
    IMG_7312.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7311.jpg
    IMG_7311.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7287.jpg
    IMG_7287.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 5

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
$200 Panhead, and yeah landuse I contacted Zieman Lippert and they couldn't help other than to say it must be really old cause they use sequential numbers on their chassis' and tell me they're in the mid 400,000's now, after a little research, I believe it's a 1960's Shasta, it does have a never aftermarket axle which is why it rides so high, originally it tucked some of the wheel

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Nice score! I have a 2013 Jayco about that size, 18 footer if I remember correctly. After a few years of taking it out and enjoying it, it has sat parked and now become a little hideout for me. My storage shed/garage is packed so I usually work on my projects outside, so when it is raining, too cold or too hot, I retreat to the comfort it provides and use it as a little workshop.

Vintage travel trailers are IN right now, so much so they are making new "retro" looking trailers. A vintage Shasta should be an easy resale :thumbsup:

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Reaction score
Vintage travel trailers are IN right now, so much so they are making new "retro" looking trailers. A vintage Shasta should be an easy resale :thumbsup:

You'd be shocked at what the market is during tourist season up in Maine can be. Canadians especially would go into the campground and offer BIIG moolah for ratty looking Shasta s and Scampers and some of the old vintage teardrops. As well as the ecobox Airstreams. Then you have the richfolk who'll sometimes hitch up something they like and pull out when no ones around. The "Rustic Rebellion" as my uncle puts it is hitting a new wave cuz all the imagination in modern design is GONE. Why do you think the shoebox and draft table cars of the 60s-80s are in high demand as well? Theres even a company called RETRO making Hornet and Springdale tag-a-longs look like a 50s diner.

Status
Not open for further replies.