• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Ruff Times in life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittl3

Taste the Rainbow
Reaction score
HEy so i come from a really poor family and wondering if i should
A) sell my 1965 Corvair Monza to fix up my truck
B) Move in with my gf
D) stay here and see where life goes...:confused:
and advice or input whould behelpfull

matman55

I dont have a camera!!
Reaction score
HEy so i come from a really poor family and wondering if i should
A) sell my 1965 Corvair Monza to fix up my truck. having a vehicle always helps with geting money...always
B) Move in with my gf will save money but might not last long.
D) stay here and see where life goes...:confused: its an option, but you never know what could happen.
and advice or input whould behelpfull

i come from a poor family aswell, or i used too. there was times that we could barley afford a loaf of bread. But since my dad went over to afganistan to manage a military dining facility for the troops(you dont have to be american to do this) for the flour company http://www.fluor.com/careers/logcap_iv_opportunities/pages/logcap_iv_job_search.aspx we have gotten away from poverty.
people are making 93,000 dollars a year just for wiping tables working for this company.

if you dont quite understand i can explain further if you want.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i agree^

you have a pickup truck, why not find things to scrap, set up a side business to haul brush, and leaves, if you get that desperate you could sell that car and buy a mower and start a mowing business

matman55

I dont have a camera!!
Reaction score
^yeah, when i first strted scraping all the stuff on my property i made 300$ in 2 weeks.

have you ever thought of buying/selling stuff at flee markets?one of my freinds makes up to 250 just from a weekend at the flee market.

Skittl3

Taste the Rainbow
Reaction score
Im 14 right now and the truck needs a new battery and i do have a mower but cant afford the gas, my dad wont let me move in with my gf and as of now i cant afford thee $3 spring needed to get my nitro rc running :( my mom said shes getting a tax return some time in aguast, nethier of my parents are working as my dad got all his plane builds stolen by a company 3 kms from his hanger and my mom is trying to get her 1000 hours (she a H.I.S) and me i tryed getting a job but no luck so far lol i fix other peoples rc once and a while and my sister is pretty much the richs person in my house lol wondering about that scrap thing though might work...:worried2:

augidog

Reaction score
(this is just my lighthearted 55-yo gypsy opinion)

keep the corvair against better days ahead. there's very few monza's left out there.

keep the GF...at arm's length. there's plenty of GF's out there.

you're not old enough to drive anyway, so put a cap on the truck, run an extension cord, and move in.

(ok, seriously now)

seems you need a sense of direction...look to your talents, interests, and opportunities to guide you...if you like mechanical work, buddy up with a man who does it (independently) for a living, honestly express where you're at and where you'd like to go. don't worry too much about making money now, worry instead about how to make money by the time you really need to.

meantime, STAY IN SCHOOL all the way to graduation, no matter what. when you do, then you can consider "job corps" as a great option.

Skittl3

Taste the Rainbow
Reaction score
1) lol needs loads of work
2) shes a two hour walk away
3) i practicly live in my truck anyways lol as long as its just me lol my family can live in the clubwagon :p lol need to find a cheap battery for my truck lol and the bed would be filled with 12 rc cars and three tool boxs full of rc stuff lol man i could sell some of my rc stuff but its in really ruff shape lol except my 1990 Tamiya Manta Ray 4x4 could probly get $500 but i wouldn`t sell it..
i hate getting bonds and then being told i cant use them XD im gonna use them anyways so yah lol
edit: you edited whie i was posting lol but that would do me no good as theres 3-4 shops in my small blink-and-youll-miss-it town

augidog

Reaction score
sell the corvair before it deteriorates further.

keep the GF 2 hours away...that's good for both of you. i know you don't believe that.

keep the truck, if it's worth it, keep it clean and usable for when you can drive. if it's only storage with no real on-road future, sell it too.

dump all the other stuff for whatever you can get for it. trade some of it for a good bicycle, that's what i'd do. things are only things...if we have things but no money, well, we may have to rethink past choices, and hopefully learn something in the bargain. if you're not willing to pedal for a couple years for the sense of independence, then there's no advice anyone here can give you that's worth a ****. i'm not being mean-spirited at all, just a pragmatic old guy who's been there. btw-many would consider me way poor right now, but i'm not complaining, and am very grateful.

i just noticed "ontario" so forget my job corps suggestion, maybe you have something similar up there available to look forward to? point is, you're young, but approaching legal adulthood. you need a plan, and long term not just quick fixes.

i'll repeat the "STAY IN SCHOOL no matter what" advice to make sure you heard it ;)

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
the cheapest place i know of to buy a battery is erin auto recycler. they charge $20 per battery. i doubt you will find a battery much cheaper since you get about $10 at the scrap yard for them.

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
I make a good amount of money on eBay selling moto parts, and anything else i can get my hands on its easy to part out rcs and make a lot of money off of them i made 560ish parting out a beaten OFNA 9.5 violator with an HPI .25 engine and team losi tuned pipe. If you have rcs you can make some cash if your not up to spending hours cleaning(meticulously), taking pictures, and posting maybe the money isn't all that important after all? Trust me it's not hard to bring a dirty part to life. So whip out the WD and wire brush haha

Good luck, your too young to have these worries

augidog

Reaction score
wicked good suggestion!

so, it turns out you do have the assets...do you have the will?

bighead

Reaction score
All I can really tell you is to make good decisions in life. I know your younger right now this may not be derect to you. If you were older I would say you are making bad decisons by having lots of RC cars and cash spent on that. You said you have a truck load?

Don't be the guy and gets low paying job and buys the band new truck. Don't be the guy that goes to college with loans for some dumb arse easy degree and complain when he cannot use it. Then cries about paying the loans back.

Whatever you do in life make good decisions and stay out of debt. So many people make bad decisions that's hurts them for years on years. Live within your funds.

It all starts with a job and the willing to work hard. Lazy people will never get anything but hope the government will take care of them. I have friend that rents a huge house for more than they could buy it for. The both have brand new car and truck every few years. They loose thousands each time on trade in's. Big money TV and projector. They live pay check to pay check crying about the economy. He watches me first hand do my Ebay yard selling to make money. He is to lazy to even let me teach him. Works 40 hours a week and is to tired and has to go to church to work on weekends. Moral of the story is about what I said above about making good decisions. IMO it's the whole key. Also try your hardest to have a 2nd way to bring in money. From RC cars to what ever you can think of.

It's hard times for lots of people right now. Making great decisions and hard work will get you out. Do not be that guy is all I can really say.

Here is how I make my 2nd money. Anybody can do it if your not lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d55YpYRwAyY

I have friend a work that makes $500 a week selling Levies and baby clothes on ebay. Her $600 check just turned into $1100 check per week. When she got her new car a huge down payment was made. See what I am trying to say?

In 2009 I made $35 grand total sales. I spent about $200 to $400 per weekend. If I spend the upper amount of $400 I will make $1500 back on average. Then take out ebay 9% and pay pals 3%. If you do not have smart phone leave your girlfriend and home on the PC checking ebay prices for you. This will give you a ball park of what your find is worth. Then when you get home look into it more about condition and what not.

I can give lots of tips on other things as well. I have leanred lots over the years. I made a thread trying to get other to do this. But not one person wanted to try it out.

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
I really like bigheads idea he got some nice stuff really cheap i might go out this Saturday and look around and see if i could turn a profit, it would be even better if somewhere would hire me haha.

Skittl3

Taste the Rainbow
Reaction score
lol missed some stuff in last post. 1) new cars are cursed in my family, 2) the truck i own is my life, selling it would be like selling my soul, 3) i have alot of rc stuff.. 12 rcs in total and with all my rc stuff i can fill the bed of my truck but i race them and collect them.. never payed over $100 for one lol buy used and restor it lol, 4) i want to go to university for video game desgin (life long goal), 5) the trucks in really good shape and is worked on/ waxed every day planning on a sas and 3 foot

Status
Not open for further replies.